Chapter 26: Ladies and Gentlemen...

"Ladies and Gentlemen," the man began, "we are here today to celebrate the life of one of the finest wizards that had every step foot at Hogwarts."

Daisy sat still, quietly, a black dress covering her knees and her hand intertwined with George's. She looked at the ground. She couldn't cry, all her tears were gone.

"Cedric Diggory was the embodiment of a hufflepuff," Dumbeldore continued, pausing when her mother and father would cry out in agony, "he was dedicated, patient, hardworking, and loyal up until the very end."

There wasn't a dry eye in the crowd that day, everyone knew Cedric was too young, too good to be taken so quickly and in such a terrible manner. He deserved the world, he deserved better.

"Now, I've been told his sister would like to say a few words," all eyes fell on Daisy, who was staring at the ground in the front row. George had to guide her to the front, where her eyes finally moved to a wooden box that held her best friend.

She took a deep, shaky breath as she began, "Ced was my best friend. He was the golden boy, completely perfect. I'm glad I knew him, I fear my life would've been a tragedy if I hadn't," Daisy looked at her parents. Neither of them had been able to look at her since Cedric passed.

She placed a hand on the coffin as she continued, "I remember when we rode to the platform this year," she mustered a breathy laugh, "he told me he was nervous, and when I asked why he said that we were almost done here, at Hogwarts. He said he didn't know what he would do when he left. I told him he had plenty of time, and not to rush it," a tear escaped down her cheek.

Daisy looked to George, he was smiling at her softly, nodding for her to continue, "I wish it'd been me, he deserved to live a long, happy life. Cedric, I'll miss you so much and I love you more than you'll ever know," a scattered applause was heard as she took her seat between Fred and George, leaning on the boys for support.

4 years passed, she mourned for a while, but eventually got back up on her feet in time for her graduation. She had to do it by herself, Fred and George left to open a shop in Diagon Alley. It was hard to be alone on a day she thought Cedric would be there, but she got through it and soon after joined the boys in their shop, moving in with them and working the register.

That was, until one fateful night...

"We've got to go," Fred began, "Voldemort is attacking Hogwarts."

~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I'm so sorry. And I'm sure many of you know what fateful day I'm talking about... I guess we'll see if he makes it out alive. But wouldn't it be poetic? For them to both lose their twin?