Chapter 20: A Rescue Mission

As soon as she heard the canon go off nothing else mattered. The only thing that was important was George. He was in danger, she needed to save him.

She wasted no time in diving into the water, but mid air something odd happened. She felt slits in the side of her neck. Her legs fused into one. Audible gasps came from the crowd, she heard Fred start cheering.

Daisy broke the water. She was going down, fast. Oddly fast. She stopped, took a minute to look at herself. She felt her neck, deep cuts were on both sides of her neck, gills. She looked down to her legs, or tail...

"Holy shit..." She muttered to herself. It was clear, oddly clear, and she could breathe, "those idiots didn't screw it up..."

She laughed to herself for a moment, before reminding herself she had a mission, and the life of her boyfriend depended on it. Daisy swam down, she wanted to follow the rest of the champions, but they all seemed to go in different directions. Of course they wouldn't be straight down, that wouldn't make sense.

She decided she would start all the way on the left, then sweep her way forward. The farther down she got, the colder it got, and the more encounters she had.

The squid like creatures kept trying to attack her, she'd sent countless blasts at them, they only ever shook it off and left.

"Where are you going?" Daisy muttered to herself, finally noticing they were going in the same direction. She wasn't sure how long she'd been down there, probably about 30 minutes. She was running out of time. She followed the squid through weaving seaweed.

She passed things that looked like her. Scaly, shiny tails instead of legs. Gills on there neck.

Mermaids.

They didn't attack her like she expected, they only looked at her for a moment, and then continued on their way. They were circling something. Protecting something. Surely she must be close?

She continued following the squid like creature, only for a few more minutes. As they went she saw more and more mermaids, as well as more of the squid things. What she saw when she arrived was the oddest sight she had ever seen.

They were lined up, their legs tied to a post in the ground so they didn't float to the top. They looked like they were dead, their eyes closed and their skin pale.

She scanned the group, seeing far too many familiar faces. There was only one person she didn't remember, a little girl with blonde hair. She saw a ravenclaw that she knew was Cho, and Ron was next to her. She saw Hermoine, and instantly went up to her.

"She's not yours," a mermaid hissed at her.

"She's my friend, you have to let me take her!" Daisy protested. The mermaid only inched closer.

"Back off her, Daisy, Krum will come get her soon," a familiar voice said from behind her.

"Cedric," she sighed in relief, "she's yours?" Daisy gestured towards Cho.

"Yeah..." he smiled, rubbing the back of his neck.

"You'll tell me later," she smiled, letting him leave with Cho in his arms.

Her attention turned. The last in the row was George, he looked peaceful. His long hair was floating in the water around him, his arms raised slightly at his sides.

"Oh, Georgie..." Daisy sighed, putting a soft hand on his cheek, "I'm gonna get you out of here..." she nodded to herself.

Daisy took out her wand, shooting it so that the rope broke, George began to float upwards. She wrapped one of her arms across his chest and used the other to propel herself upwards as she flapped her tail. Within a minute or so, they were almost at the surface.

George took a big breath as they broke the surface, he tried to fling his arms around but Daisy didn't let go of his hold on him. He calmed down a bit once he realized it was her, "George it's ok, it's only me. It's Daisy, you're gonna be ok..." she spoke softly, propelling them towards the towers. He was still trying to catch his breath, he felt his arms hold into hers, "Freddie! Get over here!" She yelled behind her shoulder as she approached.

"Gimme his arm, Rosie," Fred spoke with concern, Daisy helped George get a hold on the ladder, handing him off to Fred who quickly wrapped him in a blanket with a warming spell.

"Lee, help her out, mate," George directed Lee through his shivers, "she still doesn't have her land legs," he chuckled to himself. Daisy looked down at her legs, and it appeared she still did have a tail. Lee walked over to her and pulled her out of the water and onto the deck next to George, "you look cold..." he began taking off his blanket to give to her.

She refused, draping it back over him, "you need it more than I do," she smiled at him, holding his face in her hands for a moment, "I'm just glad you're alright."

"Thanks to you, Angel," he smiled at her, "at least share with me, I feel bad leaving you in the cold..."

She was freezing, so she accepted, "you've got the counter potion on you, Freddie?" George asked his brother, who went fishing in his pockets. George spoke quietly so only she could hear him, "not that I don't enjoy you being so helpless like this, but I figured you'd like your legs back..." Daisy gulped at that, but happily accepted an orange vial that Fred gave her.

Her legs were surrounded by purple swirls, and a minute later her legs reappeared, "sorry to disappoint, but I'm not as helpless as you'd like," she smiled into George's ear.

"We both know that's not true now, is it?" His voice was low, and a bit rough from his time in the water, it drove her crazy. She only laughed at his comment.

Later, they made their way back to the common room and Daisy held close to George.

"Promise you'll never leave me again?" She asked, looking up at him.

He planted a soft kiss on her nose, "Promise," he offered her his pinky, and she intertwined her own with his.

She was still nervous for the last task, but right now she had George back, and that was enough.

~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: Thank you guys for 2K reads!!! That's so crazy. As a little thank you present, I went on artbreeder and I made what I imagine Daisy to look like. If you want, I could do the same with the rest of the characters even though they already have characters.

 If you want, I could do the same with the rest of the characters even though they already have characters

^^Daisy Diggory, as imagined by me^^

Another thing I'd like to add: I want to start another project separate from this one. I have an idea in the works that I like, but I wanted to see if you guys wanted to see any other characters or specific tropes/plots. I'll give you guys the details when I have it, but let me know of your ideas!!!

Love you all, thanks for 2k :)