Chapter 24 - A Matter of Yesterday Pt. 1/3

Y/n walked around the Wildcat and noticed that there is a transmitter antenna of an ASV Mark II radar (Radar, Air-to-Surface Vessel, Mark II) on it. He immediately climbed onto the Wildcat and peeked into the cockpit, there was a A-scope radar display inside the cockpit.

     Y/n jumped off the Wildcat and approached Hooper who smiled at Y/n, knowing that he figured out that a radar was installed onto the Wildcat.

Y/n: "You got it from the "Tizard Mission" right?"

Hooper: "Good job figuring that out, Lieutenant Commander."

Y/n: "It's impressive you managed to put that on a Wildcat even though it's normally used on aircraft twice the size of the Wildcat."

Hooper: "Just make sure you don't get shot down or I might not be able to come up with something like this again."

Y/n: "As you wish but will it be able to take off?"

Hooper: "Oh, no worries! The wisdom cubes made everything easier..."

     Hooper said it in a rather suspicious tone but Y/n didn't mind him. Afterall, the cubes true power haven't yet been uncovered.

     Meanwhile, a group of aircrew loaded two 100 lb bombs onto the Wildcat. Y/n opened his bag and pulled the Welrod out before he concealed it under his Mae West.

     Y/n grabbed a leather helmet and rushed into the Wildcat's cockpit. He taxied the Wildcat onto the runway.

Y/n: "Alan, make sure Yorktown and her sisters are ready to launch their aircraft once I report in over the radio."

Alan: "Got it."

Yorktown: "Where are you going though, Y/n?"

Y/n: "A little reconnaissance flight. I will be fine."

Yorktown: "I hope so..."

     Y/n slided the canopy shut and took off with the Wildcat. For Y/n, the Wildcat was less maneuverable than other Wildcats but everything else feels the same.

Thirty minutes later...

Meanwhile inside a Siren battleship.

     A siren entered the Siren's Empres room while the latter was sitting on her throne. She was "Tester Beta"

Tester β: "Can I be of any use to you, Master Arbiter?"

Arbiter: "I wanted to you to test a certain human out."

Tester β: "Who's it, Master?"

Arbiter: "Y/n L/n, he's "The Key"."

Tester β: "Ho...that means "Key Code: G" will also be targeting him, Master."

Arbiter: "Of course. The L/n family is truly interesting..."

Tester β: "As you wish, Master. I will take care of The Key."