Chapter 1 - New Realities Pt. 1/2

Y/n P.O.V

???: "Is he still alive, Vestal?"

???: "Yes, he is! However, he seems to be in a coma, it might take a few days or a few weeks for him to wake up."

???: "I see, I will come back in four weeks then."

???: "Got it, sir!"

Four weeks later

     I opened my eyes, I was in a hospital somewhere, beside me was a girl in a nun uniform, her eyes was blue and her hair color was light pinkish purple, what kind of dream is this...?

Y/n: "Where am I?"

Vestal: "Oh, so you're finally awake! My name's Vestal, USS Vestal, a repair ship in the Eagle Union or the United States Navy for humans like you."

Y/n: "Seriously? What kind of dream is this."

Vestal: "This is not a dream, you know."

Y/n: "Wasn't I supposed to be dead?"

Vestal: "You were supposed to be MIA, however you were picked up by our patrols patrolling the North Sea, they encountered a strange gateway being opened. when it closed, you appeared, you were on the exact same location as HMS Glorious when it sunk, however you appeared five days after Glorious's sinking."

     Just as she finished her sentences, someone knocked on the room's door, Vestal quickly stood up and ran to the door before opening it, it was Sir Dudley Pound, the First Sea Lord of the Royal Navy and his staffs.

Y/n: "Greetings, sir."

      I got off the bed and stood at attention because I didn't have my Royal Navy peaked cap with me, he saluted me and lowered his hand.

Dudley: "You're finally awake, son? Come, sit down, for the rest please leave the room, you too Vestal."

Vestal: "Aye aye, sir!"

     Vestal and his staffs left the room shortly after that, he sat down in front of me, I grabbed a chair and sat down to the opposite.

Dudley: "I believe Vestal have already told you how you ended up like this, I have three topics to talk with you today, before I begin, do you have any other questions?"

Y/n: "No, sir."

Dudley: "First and the second topic, congratulations, Sub-Lieutenant Y/n L/n, you're now promoted to Lieutenant for your two years of meritorious service in the Royal Navy. Secondly, I am here to present you with your Distinguished Service Cross for your service aboard HMS Glorious, in particular, "For bravery and skill in action against enemy aircraft.", here's your cross and ribbon, you're permitted to pin it on all of your uniforms."

Y/n: "Thank you, sir."

     He pulled the DSC out, both the cross and the ribbon in a box and handed me it, I grabbed it and placed it on a desk near my bed. 

Dudley: "The third topic, it's about your squadron, the 802 Naval Air Squadron, this might affects you mentally, are you sure you wanted to proceed?"

Y/n: "Aye sir, did they survive the sinking?"

Dudley: "Unfortunately, no."

Y/n: "Then...how many survived, sir?"

Dudley: "Only you."

Y/n: "..."

Dudley: "Take your time, I will come back in five minutes."

     He stood up and left the room, I was so shocked that I didn't even move, why was it only me that survived..? This is not fair..