Prologue

Y/n P.O.V

     It was in the morning on the 24th of May 1939, I was still sleeping on my bed when a fellow pilot and a close friend of mine, Teddie Johnson woke me up.

Teddie: "Oi, mate, wake up."

Y/n: "What's the matter, mate? I was having a nice dream and you ruined it."

Teddie: "Come on, stop acting like you were still at the BRNC, get dressed fast, the flight leader called all of us in the flight."

Y/n: "Alright alright, I am on it."

     I got off my bed and went into the bathroom, I washed my face and brushed my teeth faster than usual, then I walked outside, dressed up in the khaki drills uniform and the short pants and picked up my Fleet Air Arm cap.

Teddie: "Let's get going lad, you know we don't want to keep the squadron leader waiting."

Y/n: "Wasn't it the flight leader that called us?"

Teddie: "Well, there's no point for him to be so delighted calling us this early, that means the squadron leader might have something to tell us afterall."

Y/n: "Right, so what are we waiting then? Let's get going."

Teddie: "After you, mate."

     Teddie and I then started running to the briefing tent, along the way we ran past the aircrafts, we found the ground crews checking on the aircrafts with Chief Petty Officer MacMillan Wilkinson leading them as always.

MacMillan: "Where are y'all going this early, boys?!"

Teddie: "The flight leader have something to tell us, it might be some good news, Chief."

MacMillan: "Good luck then, lads, hope it's really good news like you said."

Y/n: "Aye, you too, Chief."

     We reached the briefing tent and entered it, inside a fellow pilot in the A flight, Sub-Lieutenant Lincoln Graham was already waiting there.

     Lieutenant Aston May, the flight leader of A flight was waiting for us alongside the commanding officer of the 802 NAS, Lieutenant Commander Ruben Pearson.

Aston: "So you've finally arrived lads, take a seat, the commander have something to tell you."

     We sat down at the front row, I was in between Lincoln and Teddie, Lincoln moved closer as if he was trying to whisper me something.

Lincoln: "You're as late as always ain't you, Y/n?"

Y/n: "Come on, it's not like I am gonna be late all the time."

Lincoln: "Yeah right, whatever mate, we'll see."

Y/n: "Sure thing."

Aston: "Silence lads."

Y/n: "Aye aye, sir."

Ruben: "Alright, so, these are good news so your lads don't have to worry that much, The Admiralty have taken over all Fleet Air Arm squadrons including us today."

     Teddie raised his hand as if he was going to ask something, everyone in the room then turned to him.

Teddie: "Permission to speak, sir."

Ruben: "Permission granted."

Teddie: "So does that mean we're no longer under the control of the RAF, sir?"

Ruben: "Correct, we're also being transferred back to HMS Glorious, prepare to fly to the carrier today in the evening."

Teddie: "I see, sir, that's all."