chapter sixteen

Tommy cracked open the door and walked in.

"Why are you packing up your clothes? I thought that you were going to stay here in England?" He questioned.

I swallowed my tears and replied, "Well, that's not happening."

"Why? Didn't your dad say that it was your choice whether you wanted to stay  or go back home?" He said, sitting down on the ground next to me.

"Well, I thought it was my choice as well. Okay I wanted to stay here, but my father's job had other ideas. But now if you wouldn't mind, please leave."

"No, why should I? I thought that I was going to be able to spend more time with you. But clearly that's not happening. I'm not sure if its obvious Cam, but I like you," The boy stammered.

I was silent for the next minute. Everything was happening to fast. I felt the tears rush into my eyes.

Tommy inched closer, trying to wrap his arms around my fragile state of being.

"Tom get away please," I whispered, resting my head on my forearm.

He backed off slightly.

"You know, I thought that you would've acted different if I told you the truth. I thought that it would be smart to tell you that I like you, but I see I made another mistake. You're just to broken to see what you are doing to other people. You're always sad which brings down everyone else's mood. I can't believe that I like you. Its very pitiful," The boy ranted.

"You know Tommy, I don't need your "pity". Now you can get out of my room. I like you too, but I see I made a mistake as well, because you're nothing but an insufferable jerk who only cares about what people give them. You never cared about me. You only cared about what I gave you. This whole weekend was probably just a joke to you, because the "famous" tommyinnit can get any girl he wants," I said, the tears building up, glossing over my eyes.

"Thats not true Cam. And you know that," He replied quietly.

"Tom don't you dare act like you care now. Get out of this room before I make someone get you out," I said, the blood boiling in my veins.

Finally, he walked out of the room, his face unreadable.

As I locked the door, I broke down in tears.

I needed to push him away. Even though it hurt me deeply, I knew that it was what was best for me.

I wrapped my arms around my stomach, trying to control my sobs. I knew what it felt like to be sad, but I had never experienced heartbreak.

Even though I had only known Tommy for a week, it felt like forever. From the first time I met him standing in my bedroom to today's cooking stream. He had really worked his way into my heart. Even though at times he annoyed me, I still knew that at the end of the day, he would always be the same old Tommy that I loved.

He was never afraid of what words to say. He just spoke what he thought, even if it wasn't always the best times.

My heart ached for his touch again whenever he would wrap his arms around me while we slept. Or whenever he would laugh or even just smile, the entire room lit up.

And even though these things are temporary, I knew that they would always be there, engraved in my memory, constantly replaying in a form of torture for the mistake that I made.

I knew that it would be to hard to face the fact that he was gone. And i knew he was never going to come back. He worked so hard to earn my trust, and I completely tore it apart like it was nothing.

I laid down on my bed and eventually felt my body grow numb from the pain. I had felt this feeling so many times before. So by now, I was used to it.

My entire night was filled with a restless fit of mood swings. There were multiple times were I felt like screaming, but I knew the others in the house would not like that.

Finally, I found something to help me. I opened my notebook and began to write.

I wrote about everything that I felt with Tommy. I wrote about how much I would miss him, even though we would never be together. I told him that, maybe if I ever saw him again, I would get it right.

Word Count~ 777