chapter twenty-seven

The rest of the day went by in a bliss. But that was only because I fell asleep on the roof.

The only reason why I woke up was because it started to rain. But that was also my fault because I didn't check the weather.

I climbed back into my room, my clothing drenched to the bone. I was freezing.

Not one of my bags had been brought into the house yet because they hadn't arrived from America yet.

I cursed under my breath, something my father would have yelled at me for doing, but what did he care.

I crept out of my room, looking for Toby.

But the only person I found was Tommy.

"Cam, where have you been? And were you taking a walk out in the storm?" He asked standing up from the couch.

"Uh, i kinda fell asleep on the roof without checking the weather. But don't worry, I've made this mistake before. Do you know where Toby is? I need to borrow some extra clothing," I said looking into his eyes.

"Tubbo has been worried sick about you. He has been gone literally all afternoon looking for you," He said, almost yelling, trying to control the anger in his voice.

"Where is he now?" I asked.

Right as I spoke, the front door opened, revealing a sopping wet brown haired boy.

He rushed towards me, embracing me tightly.

I embraced him back, feeling sorry for the boy.

"Cameron Johnson, where have you been?" He said pulling away from the hug.

"Well, I was on the roof," I said laughing softly.

"Why didn't you tell someone? I've spent the last two hours looking for you. That's two hours that I won't be able to get back," He said placing his hands on his hips.

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you'd care," I whispered, turning my gaze towards the floor.

I did actually mean what I said this time.

I genuinely meant it this time. I had faked that saying so many times in my past. Never once caring. But this time I actually felt the need to care.

I looked up at both of them.

"I didn't mean to scare both of you. It was wrong of me to do that. I know that it sounds stupid, but I like going up on the rooftops when things get stressful. Or just when I need a break from human beings."

"But you could've got hurt!" Toby exclaimed.

"I didn't."

"That doesn't mean that it can't happen in the future," He said almost on the verge of tears.

I felt the tears begging to fill up in my eyes as well.

"Cam, just because you're my cousin, doesn't give you the right to think that I don't care about you," Toby said pulling me back into another hug.

"I'm so so sorry Toby. I've been alone in the house for almost five out of the eight months I've been away. I've kinda down some reckless things and never really thought that people cared what I did," I cried, the tears rolling down my face.

He just held me even tighter. Which made me cry even more.

The walls that I had built up, slowly began to crumble under the pressure.

After the sobbing fest Toby and I had, we both realized that Tommy had been standing there the whole time.

I opened my arms up and pulled him into the hug with Toby.

He seemed reluctant at first, but soon got comfortable.

"I'm still soaking wet. Toby or as Tommy calls you, Tubbo, do you have a sweatshirt and some sweats? I am very uncomfortable in these clothes."

"Yeah, let me go grab you some. I'm going to change as well," The boy said, running off to his room.

This left Tommy and me alone together.

"Why did you bring me into the hug?" He asked.

I took a deep breath.

"Well, I knew Toby wasn't the only one who was looking out for me. I knew you had some interest in finding me. And I didn't want you to be left out," I said, a small smile appearing on my face.

"Well you're right about one thing. It was very awkward just watching you and Tubbo hugging. But I did appreciate being included," He said, returning the small smile.

There was a quiet silence between us.

"So does this mean you forgive me?" He asked, a hopeful looked crossing his face.

"I think so. Unless you do something stupid again," I replied.

Toby came back down the stairs and handed me some folded clothing.

I headed up and changed quickly.

His clothing was slightly larger than mine, but I didn't mind to much.

When I returned, we all decided that we should play some minecraft together. This was the first time that I had ever played before.

And to be honest, it was very stressful.

How many hours had these two boys played this game?

They didn't even seem fazed when they would stop themselves from dying by using a water bucket.

I got happy when I killed a chicken!

The rest of my night was pretty fun and I enjoyed every single second of it.

Word Count~ 874