chapter twelve

"So, what movie should we watch?" Wilbur asked.

"The Fault in Our Stars," Niki replied, grabbing the remote out of Will's hand and putting the movie on.

"Isn't this one of those sappy love movies?" Tommy asked, his eyes rolling.

"Yeah, but no one objected. Tommy just watch it, I'm sure Cam wants to watch it as well," Niki responded.

I nodded my head vigorously stumbling over to the couch.

"Before we start the movie, can I get changed into some more appropriate for what we are doing?" I asked.

"For sure, just don't take to long, I was told to get you kids to bed at a decent time tonight," Wilbur said, a small chuckle escaping his mouth.

I  walked into the bathroom and closed the door slowly.

I pulled on some sweats and a sweatshirt. I wiped all my makeup off my face. I could tell my skin was irritated from not cleaning it properly.

For no reason at all, I felt the tears welling up in my eyes. I hadn't felt sad in a long time while I was on this vacation, which made me feel amazing. But there was still sadness hiding inside.

As the tears trickled down my face, I heard a knock on the door.

"Cam, you've been in here for fifteen minutes. Are you alright?" Tommy asked.

I wiped the tears from my face, "Yeah, I'm fine."

I opened the door and he walked in.

"You know that I can tell when you're lying, right? Tell me what's going on," He responded.

I felt the anxiety begin to arise in my chest. I took a deep breath, and decided to let it all out.

"My mom died five years ago. And every single day that passes haunts me and everything that I do. It scares me because I know there was nothing I could do to stop her death, but I still blame myself for everything. And my ten year old self had so much pressure that its all breaking out now, five years later. That's how long I've been hiding this from every person in my life. No one knew about everything that I was going through. So many days passed when I thought it was better to be dead so then I could just see my mom again, because I knew she loved me so much. And, and I won't be able to recieve that love from anyone now."

By now, I had full body sobs. My pain finally leaking out. I leaned against the bathroom wall, holding myself in my own arms.

I glanced at Tommy, his face soft and understanding.

He walked toward me and I felt my body flinch.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to hurt you," He said, pulling me into a hug.

"Tommy, please don't tell anyone about this," I whispered.

"Why would I? I don't want to ruin what we've created," He responded.

Eventually, my tears stopped, and I felt decent enough to see the others.

I walked out and plopped down on the couch, Tommy right next to me.

"What were you doing Cam? Its been like twenty minutes?" Toby asked.

"I was getting dressed and then I kinda fell asleep on the floor. My body is still getting used to the time zone difference," I responded.

As the movie started, I laid my head down on Tommy's shoulder, my hands messing around with my sweatshirts strings.

I wasn't really paying attention to the movie to closely, but more to what Tommy's facial expressions of the movie that was being played.

They were always the best. But whenever he would glance at me, I would quickly turn my head away, giggles escaping my mouth.

"Cam, why are you laughing, this isn't a funny part in the movie. Gus might die," Toby whispered.

"Oh I'm sorry at night time, I kinda get the giggles sometimes," I responded.

As soon as the movie was finished, everyone walked back to their designated sleeping areas.

I grabbed a blanket and Tommy's hand.

"Will you please cuddle with me again? It really helped last night," I said.

He nodded his head following me to the couch.

As soon as I laid down on the couch, I immediately fell asleep, Tommy right next to me.

Word Count~ 720