chapter twenty

When I woke up the next morning, the house was silent. Not a sound was made.

My life was finally back to its original form.

I wandered down the stairs, scavenging through the fridge to find something to eat, although I didn't actually feel hungry.

I assumed my father was gone at work, making sure he had a good first day in his new position.

I grabbed a pre-made shake, walking back to my room, wrapping a blanket around my body.

I opened my computer and the first video that popped up in my recommended was TommyInnit and Cam flirting.

How was it even possible that people would make a video if I was rarely in any footage.

I closed down the browser, not wanting to see anything to do with the child, because all it would do is feed every single piece of pain I was feeling.

I turned on my music, letting the lyrics sink into how I was feeling.

I wanted things to go back to how they were when I was over in England. But I knew that I would grow more if I move on from my past and live in the present.

I opened up the blinds in my room, letting the soft sunlight stream into my room.

Somehow, this made me feel better.

I laid down on my bed, closing my eyes, which made me loose track of time.

Soon enough, someone knocked on my door.

"Cam, i need to talk with you regarding school. Its something very important," My father said.

I glanced at the clock, which read three thirty. I stumbled out of bed, rubbing eyes until they were red.

"Is there something wrong? I have A's in almost all of my classes, except for geometry. You know I struggle with math," I mumbled.

"No, its nothing regarding your grades. Its actually about you going back to school. Covid rates have dropped after they vaccine, and school is going back to normal," He replied.

"You think I want to go back? I hate being social, and you know I don't like talking to people," I whined.

"Sweetheart, I know that you don't like being around other humans, but I think that it will help you. It could teach you to branch out and meet new people. Then maybe you wouldn't be stuck at home so often," He said, placing his hand on my back.

I took what he said into consideration. Maybe if I did branch out like he said, then I would be able to get over Tommy and everything that had happened to me in my past.

"Lets do it then!" I exclaimed, my face not showing the emotion that my voice made.

"Oh, I thought this was going to be much harder to persuade you to go," My father chuckled.

"Is that all you needed then?" I asked.

"Yes, that is all I needed you for," He replied.

I immediately climbed back up the stairs, retreating back into my room.

I turned my music up to the highest volume that my speaker had.

Knowing that there was no way that I could change what happened in my past, I figured if I wanted my future to improve, I would have to change it in the present.

I brushed through all the snarls in my hair from my nap. I wiped all the smudged mascara from the previous night away with a wet rag. I felt my face begin to wake up.

I pulled on some clean clothes, thinking that I would maybe go out and get some coffee.

I grabbed my phone and decided that I should get myself some coffee because I needed to have a fresh start to my life.

The fresh air brushed up against my skin, the sun slowly desending down the sky.

I ordered my usual drink, sitting down at one of the benches outside of the building.

I was nervous about starting school with all of the other students. From the beginning of high school, I only did distance learning. Which at the time, was what I preferred.

But I needed to change what I was used to, and begin something new. I didn't want to change entirely, but somethings were necessary.

Word Count~ 714