chapter thirteen

I slept all through the entire night, not waking once. Tommy's presence was always there, which engulfed me with this safety I was desperate for.

As I was falling asleep I felt the boy stroke my head, whispering sweet nothings into my ear. His touch was gentle and soft, careful not to wake me.

All throughout the night, his arms were wrapped around my body, encasing me, covering me with warmth.

When I opened my eyes the next morning Tommy was still fast asleep, his arms still in the same position.

I laid my head back on his chest, listening to the steady beating of his heart. It was the only way I could tell that he was still living.

This moment I was living in seemed to be picked from one of the perfect movies where everything goes right. The girl gets the boy she loves and they live happily ever after. But I knew in life that there was a twist. Nothing ever went perfectly, but this made me think differently.

"Tom," I whispered into the boy's ear, causing him to sit up, his eyes full of fright.

"Ohh, its just you. I thought it was something else," He responded, laying back down with me in his arms.

"I didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to talk with someone, but I didn't want to leave you," I replied wrapping my arms around him.

"Its fine, you don't have to worry about scaring me. I've gotten used to seeing Tubbo's face daily," Tommy said, a smirk appearing on his face.

I slapped his chest, "Thats mean."

"Ow, I was joking. I meant to say I've gotten used to seeing your face every morning."

I stood up from the couch and grabbed my pillow, "You better take that back right now Tomathy." I raised my pillow up and slammed it down on top of him.

He stood up and grabbed another pillow and swung it back at me.

I dodged his move and counted attacked, hitting him on his back.

"Cam slow down. I'm only sixteen and you're going to give me back problems. I don't need those already."

While he was talking I stood still, which was a mistake I would never make again.

He dropped his pillow and tackled me to the ground, tickling my stomach.

"Are you going to hit me again with a pillow?" He yelled, a smile plastered against his face.

I nodded my head, which only made him tickle me more.

"Tom, please stop. I can't breath," I said gasping for air imbetween my laughing.

He stopped tickling me, his face lingering inches above my own.

I stared directly into his eyes.

"Has anyone ever told you that your eyes are pretty?" I asked, brushing the hair out of his eyes.

Once I realized what I said, I quickly apologized. "Sorry, I was thinking out loud."

I felt the color rush to my face.

"Yes, if you count my mum. But I would like to ask you the same thing. Has anyone ever told you that your eyes are pretty?"

"No, my eyes are just brown. They're boring," I replied.

"No they're not "boring". Your eyes are stunning. They're this warm brown the reminds me of fall. They make me feel safe. They also compliment your hair color," He replied.

I felt the color rush up to my face. "You don't have to lie to me you know," I said sitting up, pushing the boy aside.

"I'm not lying. You know that I wouldn't do that to you. I lov." Before the boy could finish his sentence, he stopped.

Just as he stopped, Toby walked into the room.

"Am I interrupting something or can I stay?" He asked.

"Nothings happening Tubbo you can stay," Tommy replied for the both of us, sitting back down on the couch, leaving me on the floor.

"Well as you know, we're going back home today and I thought that it would be fun if we had a cooking stream back at my house. I did reach my subgoal a couple days ago," Toby suggested.

"I would love to. Cooking is actually something I'm pretty good at," I stated, a small smile appearing on my face.

"Tommy, would you like to do it?" Toby asked.

"Even though I made toast once and burnt it, I think that if Cam teaches us both how to cook we'll be fine," Tommy responded, his eyes full of mischief.

"Then its settled. The season two of the cooking stream will be continued," Toby exclaimed.

Wilbur walked into the room saying, "Alright gremlin children, its time for me to get you home. We'll stop to get some food first."

We all loaded into the car, pulling onto the street, the sun already high in the sky. We stopped to get doughnuts, which were all delicious.

Soon enough, we reached Toby's house.

As we all unloaded out of the car and stopped and looked at Wilbur. "Thank you for the amazing weekend. It was the perfect way to end my vacation," I said, giving him a hug.

"It was no problem. You actually helped my keeping Tommy in check. If you ever need anything from Niki or me, just call or text us. We'll always be there for you, even if your over in America," He responded, putting both numbers into my phone.

I walked inside and ran to give my dad a hug.

"I missed you Cam," He said.

"I missed you too."

Word Count ~ 925