chapter ten

I sat on the couch frozen.

Tommy had heard my conversation with Toby.

"How much of that conversation did you hear?" I asked, taking my hands away from his hair.

"I heard all of it," He responded.

I felt this icey sensation crawl up my spine. He knew everything that was said in the last five minutes.

I don't know why I let this stress me out, but it got to me.

"I'm going to take a walk outside alone. I need some fresh air," I said, walking out of the room, pulling my shoes on.

"Hold on Cam. You can't go out there alone. Its not safe," Wilbur called out.

"Well, who's going to go on a walk with me then?" I asked, getting pissed that I wasn't aloud to go on my walk.

"Cam, I'll go with you. You don't have to talk with me. I have some stuff that I need to do," Niki said walking down the stairs.

I nodded my head in agreement. I knew that it wasn't safe to walk around alone, especially with my current age. But somehow, I wanted to do it anyways.

I put my headphones in and started to walk. Nothing, not even my music seemed to help me.

I wanted to cry. Why did I allow myself to open up like that? I should've just kept my mouth shut. Then no one would get hurt. Then I wouldn't get hurt.

But although I was terrified by my future. I knew that if I tried something in the present, I may be able to alter the future.

I pulled both of my earbuds out.

"Niki, can I talk to you about something?" I asked.

"Yeah for sure. Let's sit down on the bench. I have a feeling this will be a while," She responded.

"I'm really scared that I messed things up with Tommy. Was I being to obvious? Thats what it felt like. And, I know I only just met him a few days ago, but I fall extremely fast," I ranted.

"It didn't seem to obvious. Unlike what Tommy states, he doesn't talk to to many girls. I thought you would've seen it, you take in a lot of details Cam," Niki responded.

"Yeah, but did I ruin things with Tommy? Like, did I do anything stupid while I was sleeping or sleep drunk?" I asked, my heart racing for answers.

"The only thing you did was talk in a baby voice as Tommy almost carried you into the flat. You were so tired, he seemed to be living the life. Cam, you have no idea how much this boy loves you. Yes I know I used the word love, but it's true. He loves you so much and if you're uncapable to see that, then Cam, I don't know what will make you see it," Niki responded.

I took a moment to process her words. If she was speaking the truth, the there was nothing holding me back from Tommy.

But there was always a catch whether it was just life or love. There is always going to be something holding me back.

"Thank you Niki, this really helped me. At home I never had anyone to talk to, unless my dad was home. And that rarely ever happened," I replied, wrapping my arms around the girl.

She proceeded to hug me back.

We decided that we couldn't leave the boys alone to long, so we started to head back.

As we walked into the house, Wilbur held a camera.

"Hello ladies, are you ready to the carnival?"

Word Count~ 603

Sorry for the shorter chapter, the next one will be longer