chapter thirty-six

When I woke up, the entire household was dark.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was five forty-five am. Back in the states, I would wake up early and take morning walks.

I put my shoes on silently and grabbed my phone, sliding it into my pocket.

I made sure that the alarm was off and then slipped out of the door, barely even making a sound.

I put my headphones in and walked along the sidewalk.

Sun in my eyes
Navy blue skies
You are the reason
I can survive

We'll turn off the phones
To just be alone
We'll draw the curtains
And never leave home

I had a nightmare
But now that I'm not scared

I felt as the golden morning sun kissed my skin. How was i so lucky with who was put into my life?

The chances of Toby and Tommy existing in the same lifetime are slim. And spending time together is even more slim.

This is how you fall in love
Let go and I'll hold you up
So pull me tight and close your eyes
Oh, my love, side to side

What's easy is right
My mother's advice
You are the reason
I never think twice

Wherever we go
What glitters is gold
You'll be my best friend
Until we grow old

I had a nightmare
But now that I'm not scared

This is how you fall in love
Let go and I'll hold you up
So pull me tight and close your eyes
Oh, my love, side to side

This is how you fall in love
Let go and I'll hold you up
So pull me tight and close your eyes
Oh, my love, side to side

Soon, I realized that I had been walking for almost an hour, and barely even remembered where I was going.

I swore under my breath.

I stuffed my headphones into my pocket, hoping that it wouldn't cause a distraction.

I hoped that I didn't look as though I was panicking, because honestly I was.

My mind started jumping to conclusions.

What if I couldn't find my way back?

What if I get abducted?

What if I get stabbed and then bleed to death?

I tried to shake these thoughts from my mind, but they wouldn't leave.

I wanted to just hide behind a bush that was growing beside me.

I should've just stayed back at Tommy's house and not go on a stupid walk.

I decided that it would be logical to call Toby. The only reason I wouldn't call Tommy is because I know that he would spazz out at me.

The phone rung, and not until the last note did Toby pick up.

"Cam, why are you calling me when you're just down stairs?" He asked, his voice quiet.

"You see, that's the problem Toby. I went on a walk and maybe got lost," I said, hoping he wouldn't be angry at me.

"Its seven am. Why would you go out for a walk?" He said loudly.

"I don't actually know why I would go on a walk. I wanted to be outside and see the sunrise," I responded.

"You could have just woken me up and then we could've gone together," He said. And from the tone, I could that he was rolling his eyes.

"I didn't want to wake you. It would make me seem rude," I whispered into the phone.

"Its not rude if it means that you're safe," He exclaimed.

"Tubbo, what are you doing up? Its early," Tommy whined.

"Cam got lost while taking a walk. And she thought it was a good idea to not wake me up," He said restating what we had been discussing.

"Yeah, it would be nice if you could come and find me. I really don't like being alone," I said.

Although as hard as I tried to stop my voice from quivering, it didn't.

"Cam, can you tell us what street you're by?" Toby asked.

"Goldenrod Avenue, and please don't hang up. I want to hear both of your voices until you guys find me," I whispered.

"You don't have to worry, I'm not ending the call until we find you," Tommy said, reassuring my doubt.

I sat on a bench, waiting for the boys to find me.

While they were trying to find me, the went silent many times.

"Are you guys almost here? I would really like to make it back alive," I said.

"We're trying Cam, you walked for a while," Toby muttered.

They both went silent again.

Off in the distance I could see two figures walking towards me.

I got up off the bench and sprinted towards it.

I figured that it was Tommy and Toby, but I wasn't actually one hundred percent sure.

After getting close enough, my guess was correct.

I collided with them, grasping onto them like they weren't there.

"Thank you for finding me, and i would like to go home now," I said laughing nervously.

"Once we get home, we can watch a movie nothing too much," Tommy said wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I looked up at the boy replying, "I'd like that. I'd like that a lot."

Word Count~ 901