chapter thirty-seven

Once we got home, I felt every single shred of stress leave my body. It felt so good to be home, even though it was just temporary.

"So what movie should we watch?" Toby asked, sitting down on the couch.

"I don't really have an opinion on what we watch, as long as it isn't some sappy love story," I said scratching Walter's head.

"I'll try finding something fun interesting. Cam go raid the kitchen for some snacks," Tommy commanded, turning the TV on.

I opened up the pantry and grabbed a bag of chips, or at least what I thought were chips.

"What are crisps?" I yelled from the kitchen.

"They're baked potatoes that are salted," Tommy replied.

"Are they like chips?" I asked pulling them down towards me.

"I think so," He said, coming into the kitchen.

He grabbed the bag from my hands and opened it up, revealing the thin potato wedges.

"I could've done that myself you know," I told Tommy.

"Yeah, but it's much easier than trying to talk you through it," He replied smirking.

"Oh shut up, you know that I'm much better at listening than you are," I said smiling.

"Piss off," He said rolling his eyes.

"Do you two want to watch Back to the Future?" Toby called out from the couch.

"Yeah start it the movie, Cam and I will be in there soon," Tommy hollered.

I put a bag of popcorn in the microwave. I tried to figure out how to start the microwave.

"Tommy! I need help starting the microwave," I whined looking at the boy.

I heard him laugh while he pressed one single button on the machine.

"Stop laughing, okay. My microwave is much different than yours is," I said pushing the boy away playfully.

"You're such a baby sometimes," He replied pushing me back gently.

"Well at least I can help your mother with the dishwasher," I said.

"Well at least I have a mother," He said, his face going blank.

"You did not just say that," I responded grabbing a towel. "You better run Tomathy."

The boy ran out of the kitchen quickly.

"Tubbo protect me. Your cousin is attacking me," He squealed.

I jumped over the edge of the couch and began to whip him lightly.

"See Tubbo, she's beating me," He whined, throwing a decorative pillow at me.

"Tommy, you probably deserve this. I mean you did insult her by saying she doesn't have a mother," Toby said giggling.

"How is it an insult if it's true?" He said smirking.

"You know what Tommy,  I might join Cam in whipping you. You're very mean sometimes," Toby said running into the kitchen.

Tommy ran outside hoping to escape Toby and me, but was quickly caught.

I dropped my towel, and latched onto Tommy's arm.

"You have no where to go, no where to hide," I said laughing.

"Oh, but I'm still one step ahead of you woman," Tommy said.

In the blink of an eye, I was soon tackled by the boy. I hit the ground, and began to squirm.

"Thats not fair, you're stronger than me. Wait nevermind I take that back," I said smiling.

I quickly got away from the boy.

"You really thought that you could contain me that easily?" I boasted.

"I may have misjudged your leg strength. And I just want to clarify, you're not angry that I made fun of you having no mother, right?" He asked apologetically.

"Oh if I was really angry at you, I probably would've gone with a knife instead of a towel," I said monotonously,  my face showing no emotion.

"Woah, calm down," He said cautiously.

"I'm joking with you Tomathy. I wouldn't do that to anyone. Well maybe my dad's old girlfriend," I said.

"Yeah, I would kill her too," Tommy responded.

"We should head back inside. I think Toby's watching the movie without us," I said walking towards the house.

"Do you really want to go in and watch the movie. Or are you trying to avoid spending time with me?" He asked.

I fell silent.

"You know I wouldn't do that. I mean, we've been spending the last two weeks together. "

Before I could finish my sentence, he cut me off. "Cam, i think you are trying to avoid me. Why? I haven't done anything wrong," He said inching towards me.

"No you haven't done anything wrong Tommy, I'm just nervous if open up, that'll I'll get hurt again," I whispered, my gaze staring at my feet.

"Cam, I'm not going to hurt you like I did last time. Please just give me another chance," He said.

"You promise you won't break my heart again?" I asked looking up at him.

"If you promis not to break mine," He replied.

Word Count~803