chapter two

As soon as Composition ended, I went to find my father, hoping he was still here.

As I turned the corner i bumped right into my step mother.

She glared at me saying, " I bet you think you're so high and mighty now that I'm out of the house. But you can't get rid of me that quickly. I will find you and ruin your life."

I walked past her, and into my fathers room. 

When I saw him, he was staring at the last photo our family had taken together.

It was almost five years ago, on my parents twentieth wedding anniversary. I had just turned ten the previous week, and was excited to finally be in the double digits.

But, a week after, my mother was diagnosed with stage four breast cancer. The doctors told us she had a month to live judging by the scans they took. But, sadly they were incorrect.

My mother died two days later, which broke my ten year old world down to the smallest pieces.

The last gift she gave me was this delicate butterfly necklace. And after fifteen years of life, this is the gift I cherish the most.

After a while, I knocked lightly on the door. His head looked in the direction of the sound. When his eyes met mine, they softened.

"Cameron, i am so disappointed in myself for letting everything go this far. I know we promised never to bring your mother into this, but I feel that both of us could use a restart to life."

I looked at him with curiosity.

"I thought you said she was an only child?" I asked.

"She has a sister and a brother. After your mother died, our family's grew apart through sadness.  Her sister has a son that's your age. I think his name was Toby," He replied.

"So, are you suggesting to go on a vacation, or move there?" I asked.

" Well, I believe that we should take a vacation there to visit them, but if things go alright I would say we could move their if you'd want to."

I studied his face.  This could be my chance to change my reality in fix my troubled past, by healing it with my mother's family.

Maybe, Toby would be nice now be able to have a friendship with someone other than my notebook.

" I think that this would be a nice change to what I am used to," I replied.

" Alright, to London we go!" He exclaimed.

I hurried to my room, looking through all my clothing, hoping that there was something suitable to meet my cousin in.

I grabbed my suitcase unpacked my favourite outfits, with only two pairs of shoes.
I also grabbed a few makeup items, which was only tinted moisturiser and mascara.

And finally I grabbed my favourite notebook to write down all the memories so hopefully make.

After half an hour past, my suitcase was packed full of clothing. I had a separate bag for my shoes and makeup.

Finally, I felt totally prepared for this trip. I felt the need to write this all down, which took another half an hour.

"Hey Cam, what do you want for dinner?" My dad hollered up the stairs.

"Chicken wings!" I yelled back spinning around in circles in my favourite chair in my room.

I plopped down on my bed come finally feeling free of all insecurities. I never really like to talk about them, even in my notebook. I suffered with a severe eating disorder for two years after my mother died. But sometimes that's how people cope, right?

But, eventually I found hope and was able to fix this problem.

"Hey Cam, the chickens here."

I walked down the stairs, and the smell of fried chicken wafted up my nose. 

My father and I ate dinner while watching a football game. Hard night was full of jokes so bad that they were funny.

By the time dinner was finished, my stomach hurts so bad from laughing.

I finally remembered what it felt like to be happy. These were one of those moments I wished ahead a hidden camera to record this moment.

I felt so overwhelmingly happy that just seemed to flow everywhere.

I had my father, and then headed off to bed. Tomorrow was going to be a big day.

A/N

Word Count 732