Part 19-"And so it begins"

The energy was tense. Understandably. James recognised repressed rage and knew that without the proper guidance Freddie would do something regretful, despite it being completely justifiable.

Calling Freddie into his bedroom, while the others sat in the lounge running over details, James shut the door quietly and sat on a mustard armchair opposite his bed.

He leaned forward and tried to first internalise what he was about to say. Freddie sat coldly and waited for some kind of dialogue. 

Since discovering Daisy's potential whereabouts, he was constantly angry. His anger didnt stem from a lack of gratitude towards the hope, that Daisy may still be alive, but rather that the people who were doing this to her, where still alive and thinking that they would get away with it all.

"Son.....I know that right now you're feeling a lot of things, mainly rage" James began while holding his hands together.

"You're not wrong" Freddie added.

"I need to er....I need to give you something but before I do I need you to make me a promise"

Freddie gave no reply but a simple nod.

"Tonight when you and Viktor go see Mikhael, you are going to feel things that are going to test your love for Daisy. You will want to jump on him and rip his heart out, and believe me, I'd be right there with ya, but you can't. We need him to make that phone call without it we have nothing to actually go by"

Freddie was stunned that James had read him so well. Having already given himself a pep talk that he would not hurt Mikhael but if he did, he wouldn't try and stop himself, it was as though James could see inside his head.

"I'm so angry" he said with clenched teeth "I want him to hang"

James gave a toothy half smile and chuckle "son, I don't take pride in preemptively hurting someone but that lousy fucker will get his"

Freddies eyes widened in interest "what do you have in mind?"

"Everything!" James blurted out "I have a few mates who are dying to get their hands on him...."

Standing, James reached into his bedside drawer and pulled out a Colt Mustang XSP handgun. He sat slowly beside Freddie and sat beside him.

"You tell no one about this. When the time comes you shoot him here" he pressed his index finger between Freddies brows "if he's at long range, shoot him anywhere and then in the head, let's see him resurrect from that the lousy lowlife cock sucker"

Handing the gun to Freddie, he took it and immediately began to study the mechanics.

"I've got a friend meeting you at Switzerland, his name is August and he's a top bloke, one of the best snippers I've ever seen, if you can't do it mate, August will step in. There's no shame Fred, killing a man is not easy"

Freddie couldn't form words. He listened and nodded while keeping his eyes on the gun.

"You know....it kills me I can't go with you. These parole officers have me by the balls, if I even looked at a plane they'd lock me back up. I want you to take him out Fred, not just for you or me but for Daisy too"

Freddie lifted his cold gaze and looked James dead in the eyes "I will"

                                    ***********

Moving around in public was never easy for Freddie, with his level of fame there was always someone watching or following him.

Deciding to wear a black fedora hat and a fake beard, he looked in the mirror and shook his head at how ridiculous he looked.