Part 8- "What happened with Freddie"

"Diana!" Daisy bashed the Taylor's front door with her fist, knowing well that Diana was home.

Finally, a click in the doors lock had it open slowly. Diana covered her eyes with her hand as the suns exposure hit her face.

Daisy pushed herself inside and stopped. The house was dark and cold. Without asking, Daisy knew that the girls and Roger weren't home.

"Where are they" she asked coldly looking around for the girls.

"Who" Diana yawned as she pulled her robe tightly around herself.

Daisy turned around slowly, her anger blaring from her eyes "who?! YOUR FAMILY! YOUR CHILDREN!"

"At Rogers parents...why are you yelling" Diana made her way to the kitchen, shuffling her feet along the floor.

Daisy followed, trying to work out what to say to her best friend, without blatantly attacking her over her drug use and infidelity.

Diana stood behind the kitchen bench and placed her hands on the bench top "so how are you?"

Daisy sat down on a stool and propped her arms up on her elbows. Removing a hair tie from her wrist she tied her hair back into a low ponytail and stared at Diana.

Diana moved her eyes from left to right before giving a small shake of her head, as she waited for Daisy to speak up "what's with the silence?"

"I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to ask you why your cheating on your husband and taking drugs"

Diana took a deep breath and held it before blowing it out and giving a shrug "dunno"

"Dunno?" Daisy was completely shocked by the blase response from her normally composed best friend.

The two quietly stared , as neither knew what to say. Despite knowing each other since childhood, this had been the first time, that they both felt awkward around each other's company.

"I can't....Diana I can't imagine what you're going through right now, and I know that post natal depression is..."

"Hold on" Diana cut in with a chuckle "so because I'm not fitting into your image of how I should be, you're assuming I have depression?!"

"My image? Uh this isn't my image Diana, not so long ago this is who you were"

"Were" Diana emphasised "look, I know you're always the centre of attention, and it must be killing you what happened with Freddie, but you need to step back and stop trying to interfere with my life"

Daisy's eyes and her mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise, and although she was staring straight at Diana she appeared not to notice her at all. The words caught up with her as her focus fixed back on Diana's face "what happened with Freddie"

A malicious smile spread over Diana's lips "oh, perfect Freddie didn't mention how he picked me up on the side of the road and tried to make a pass at me? To be honest I thought that's why you were here"

Daisy stood up. Her forehead creased as her mind began to try and erase the doubt that Diana had just planted.

Did Freddie hit on Diana?

Crossing her arms, Diana waited for a response "well?"

Daisy turned and walked towards the door, Diana followed "nothing to say? That's unlike you D, I would have thought that feeling your mans cock would have sparked some kind response from you...maybe you are boring"

Daisy turned fast on her heel and slapped Diana across the face. The sting in her hand was one she wished wasn't there "you ever touch him again and..." she stopped herself from her next few words, fearing that this was the end of their friendship, and walked out.

The intensity of the pain and betrayal she felt was consuming her completely. She needed to escape and clear her head. She tried her best to understand that Diana was going through something very severe for her to act this way, but even so, this type of behaviour was hard to understand.

She needed to get home and see Freddie. She needed him to reassure her.

                                  ***********

Freddie let the water wash over him as he stood in the shower, bracing himself with his arm against the shower wall.

He hoped that the water would cleanse him.

He knew that despite Daisy saying she was going for a walk, she was going to see Diana. He also knew that given Diana's state, Daisy would be returning upset.

Mentally he flipped through all the grief that had plagued them as a couple, always at the hands of someone else.

As he thought about Diana and her new alter ego, he wondered about Roger, and how he felt. Did he even know?

With a new tour mere weeks away, the band needed to be at the top of their game, and marital issues were certainly not something that would be welcome in this time.

His thoughts were broken by the sound of the bathroom door opening. Wiping a small circle clear of steam on the glass, he narrowed his eyes.

"Daisy?"

"It's me" she replied.

Who else would it be? Are you expecting someone else?

She began to remove her clothes, her body shaking from her nerves. Opening the shower door, she stepped in and embraced the hot water instantly.

Letting out a deep sigh, she wanted a moment to clear her paranoia.

Freddie cautiously stood motionless, admiring how beautiful she was, so vulnerable in her naked skin with nothing to hide behind.

The water trickled down her smooth body, causing her so much pleasure that it made him jealous.

Reaching forward, he dragged his index finger down between her breasts to her navel. Caressing her hip bones. He could never quite get over, how her skin was so soft and delicate.

Opening her eyes, he could see that she was overtaken with pain. His own heart clenched at the sight of her silent suffering.

He wanted to say something to her, to explain, but without knowing anything himself, he simply slid his arm around her and pulled her into his chest.

She curled up like a small child, allowing Freddie's arms to engulf her. Her fingers glided into his chest hair and in to the wet curls.

The safety of his embrace dissolved all her doubts, leaving her with only the confusion of how Diana behaved and had said.

She imagined her life without her best friend. A small tear escaped her eye, followed by another. Combining with the water, she imagined them flowing down her body to her feet.

The waves of sadness and anxiety that hit her had caught her unaware, her bottom lip began to quiver like a baby pushed to her limit.

Feeling her tremble in his arms, Freddie held her tighter. There were no words to mend her in that moment. He could smell her tears. He bit his lip hard, hoping that the pain would distract his own worries.

Lifting her head, she looked at him. Exposing her red, tear filled eyes. The corners of her lips lifted slightly, letting him know that she trusted him and that even in her broken state, his face was the only one that could bring anything remotely close to a smile.

"I love you" she chokingly let out.

"I love you forever"