Part 11- "Where are you taking me"

I'm dedicating this chapter to @ArleneAbrama who requested my chapter be longer hahahaha
Arlene, I've kept my word and have written an extra long (almost double) chapter for you, enjoy x

The phone rang loudly, startling both Freddie and Daisy awake.

Freddie, who flew out of bed, jumped at the phone and lifted the receiver "hello?" he asked suspiciously.

A throat clearing cough, followed by a male voice replied  "yes hello, I'm sorry for the late call this is Constable Andrews of the Metropolitan Police, may I please speak to Ms Daisy Robinson"

Freddie took a seat on Daisy's side of the bed, panic stricken over why the police would be calling Daisy, he mentally began to prepare a list of lawyers.

"Hello?"

"Sorry she's uh, I'm her fiancé, she's unable to come to the phone right now....what is this about?" Freddie looked down to Daisy who's eyes were now wide awake with curiosity and confusion.

"Who is it?" She mouthed

"What's your name Sir?" Asked Constable Andrews, his tone now more authoritative.

"Freddie Mercury"

Pause.

"Errrr.....as in....Queen's Freh....Freddie Mercury?" The young Constables voice trembled slightly with excitement at the mention of Queen.

"That's right. Can you explain what this is about?" Freddie asked again, this time  annoyed at the length of time it was taking to find out why a police officer was calling Daisy at 1.30am.

"I have a Diana Rogers in custody, she's asked I call this number and ask for Daisy Robinson"

"We'll be down within half and hour, thank you for the call" Freddie hung up the phone, and sighed in relief.

"Who was it, and where on earth are we going?" Daisy sat up and placed her hand on Freddie's shoulder.

He turned and kissed her knuckles and gently rubbed them "Diana's at the police station we need to get her, thank God.

Daisy became worried and puzzled "what? Is she ok? this is good news to you?"

Turning his body to face hers, he brushed his fingers through his hair "I thought that with Mikhael being back, somehow...well somehow Alex was, you know"

Daisy gave a sweet and sympathetic smile. She knew that Freddie never quite recovered from Alex's death and was always on edge about it "no baby, that's not something we need to be worried about"

He gave an understanding nod and stood up "Urgh, I suppose we should head down and bail out Diana..."

"I honestly can't believe it's gotten to this point now with her. I was hoping that if I gave her distance she would come to her senses. but she's getting worse" Freddie could hear the heartbreak rise in Daisy's voice, and pulled her to her feet. Wrapping his arms around her, he kissed the top of her head and began to hum to her, knowing that the gentle vibration would calm her down.

"Everything will be ok" his words muffled in her hair.

She leaned back, looking deep into his eyes. She could see the genuine love radiating from him. The warmth of his face was exactly what she needed in that moment "I hope so"

                                    **********

Arriving at the police station, Daisy placed her hand of Freddie's leg as he went to step out of the car "maybe it's best you stay here"