Part 14- "You have got to be kidding me!"

A dry cough, and suspicious voice from the other side of the door called out in response to Daisy's hard knock "who is it?"

"Dad it's me" Daisy choked out while tears ran down her face in heavy flows.

"Hi sweetheart" James' welcoming smile disappeared instantly at the sight of his daughter, who hurriedly wiped her eyes then fell into his chest.

Holding the back of her head as she sobbed, he kissed her "shhhhh, hey, sweetheart what happened?" His voice was gentle in the way only a concerned fathers could be.

"Da-aaaaad" she cried even louder "why does. This keep happening to me! Why are these WHORES EVERYWHERE?!"

James frowned to himself as he assumed that there was an issue with Freddie and another woman.

Pulling her inside, he sat her down onto his couch and placed a knitted blanket over her, making sure he tucked the corners in carefully while pondering a way to bring up Freddie.

He sat down beside her and waited for her to open up. One thing James knew was women, and he knew that letting one speak when they were ready to do so, rather than attack them with questions, was always a far better option.

Allowing Daisy to let out her sadness, he passed her the tissue box and took her hand.

"He....he" she stuttered "he had sex with Margot! And now she wants him back and he didn't tell me, and I've become friends with her and John doesn't even know"

James blinked while his mouth formed a thin line. Not what he was expecting.

"Right...." he rubbed the side of his face, dragging his skin down, mentally processing her reply and trying to think of a a logical order in which to ask her to explain what on earth she had just said "Sweetheart I want to be able to support you on this....but what in Gods name are you on about?"

Daisy blew her nose loudly then began in a seemingly more sensical manner "Margot is John's aunt, her and Freddie has sex and she's obsessed with him! They hid it from me and I've become friends with her! All this time she's told me about a one night stand she's had and it was Freddie! MY FREDDIE!!"

"HE CHEATED ON YOU!" James rose to his feet slowly, staring ahead of him while already calculating how he would go about murdering his son-in-law-to-be.

"No no" Daisy frowned her brows and shook her head, pulling James back onto the couch "it was just before he met me, but...I mean it's all so fucked up! She told me what he did to her! And he's just denied everything like I was the crazy one! ME!" She pointed to herself raising her voice.

James rubbed his entire face this time, and began to long for his prison days, where he didn't have to deal with his daughter's love life. He walked over to his kitchenette, and put the kettle on.

He leaned on the counter "I knew a Margot once....beautiful woman, I loved her dearly...mad as a bat.....maybe all Margot's are crazy?....." he pondered the question to himself.

"DAD! You're not helping!"

"Oh sorry love, sorry...look the way I see it, you tell her to fuck off and never come near you or Freddie again, or we neck her"

"Neck her?"

"Kill her sweetheart"

"I know what it means dad" Daisy chuckled through her tears "you don't think it's extreme?"

James shrugged casually while pouring the kettle over two mugs before throwing in two English breakfast tea bags "not for making my baby upset it ain't"