Part 4-"Daisy, did he leave you my money"

Freddie was on his seventh cigarette as he sat opposite Gabby.

While Brian, Roger and even John kept her entertained, and answered every single question she could think of, Freddie stared.

Although he remained polite and signed almost thirty pieces of paper that she wanted to hand out to friends and family, his mind was elsewhere.

Knowing that Daisy would be less than impressed for having left her in the state that he did, he wondered whether he should prolong his game, or fuck her against the wall once he got home.

Home. Daisy's home.

Since moving out of, and selling Garden Lodge, Freddie moved his furniture into storage and took his clothes to Daisy's apartment, where they'd been living since reuniting.

He loved the warmth of her space, and they had somehow managed to fit his extensive wardrobe into Diana's old room, which was now his walk in wardrobe.

Having never properly discussed where they would live once they got married, he began to brainstorm and fantasise about the glorious home they would make together.

Since taking over the publishing firm, Daisy had very little down time. Despite their combined worth, with the help of Alex's fortune, they had enough money to live forty lifetimes and then some.

Freddie being eccentric and obsessed with glitz and glamour, would have tried to buy Buckingham Palace if he could. But Daisy was never about material possessions. To her, a little apartment with a few plants and a comfortable couch would do.

While Freddie struggled to stay awake during the tedious 'Win a Date with Queen' with Gabby, Elena rushed into her office, spilling her take-away coffee all over the floor "oh shit" she mumbled to herself.

She looked up at her elderly receptionist Margaret, who lowered her glasses down her nose, and was staring at Elena struggle.

"Could you help Margaret?!" Elena asked annoyed.

Margaret jumped to her feet, and pulled multiple tissues from her desk drawer.

"Oh there's a Mikhael here to see you" Margaret called out after her.

Elena stopped in her tracks, then turned slowly "Dimitri?"

Margaret looked up cheerfully "yes, he said he was Alex's son? He's waiting in your office"

Elena looked back at her office door nervously. She had completely forgotten about Alex's orphan son.

Why was he here and what could be possibly want?

Trying to gather together some kind of believable confidence, she pulled her shoulders back and marched toward the door.

Holding the handle for a moment, she pulled in down and pushed the door open.

"Mikhael! What a surprise" she greeted him warmly.

"Daisy" he smiled as he rose to his feet to embrace her.

Mikhael was barely recognisable from his birthday in Russia years ago. He was noticeably more muscular, and had matured in the face.

"Look at how handsome you are" Daisy's compliment was genuine, Mikhael had grown into his looks, and was quite an attractive young man.

Looking down modestly, he gave a grin "thank you"

"Would you like some coffee? Tea?"" Daisy offered as she sat down behind her desk, trying to appear casual and composed.

"No, no thank you. But there is something I would like to speak to you about" Michael's face darkened slightly.

Daisy lowered her hands into her lap to avoid their trembles being seen "oh?"

Mikhael cleared his throat "my fathers death has...its left open a lot of questions and I think that you may have some of the answers"

"I'm not sure how much closure I can give you" Daisy hid her shaky voice.

"I know he came here to see you, or that's what he told me at least" Mikhael frowned "I didn't believe him. I knew that you and Freddie were simply too...connected for you to just go with my father. When he came here to London, I was concerned about his affairs, and then..."he took a deep breath "well then he died and I was left with zero"

"So" Daisy narrowed her eyes "I'm not sure I follow"

"The money is all gone. He has always told me that I would be looked after for life if anything were to happen, but he is obviously a bigger liar than I imagined...I needed to sell everything just to be able to buy an apartment here, and to perhaps keep me going for a year"

Daisy turned sympathetic. She hadn't thought about Alex's son who not only lost his father but his financial security "I'm sorry...I didn't know. Unfortunately I can't give you any new information regarding the money, perhaps investments?"

Mikhael shook his head "no. I've had everything looked into and it's as though it all just vanished" he stared at Daisy for a moment, examining her features "I hated him you know. He raised me with an iron fist, not a morsel of love. He loved his whores more than his own flesh and blood" he made a fist and studied it "I hope he rots in hell"

Me too.

"So...how can I help you now, if you've looked into it, I can't imagine saying anything g useful to you"

"Daisy, did he leave you my money?" he bluntly asked.

Daisy gave a loud and nervous laugh "no!"

"Excuse my rudeness but I needed to ask you. I know he loved you more than he did me and I thought" he shrugged "perhaps...."

"I have half of this company which was mine as part of our deal, but that's all. I don't have his money"

Lie.

"May I ask you a favour?"

"Of course" Daisy's reply was almost too fast "anything"

"I'd like a job" he looked Daisy straight in the eyes without hesitation.

Daisy tiled her head and pressed the tips of her fingers against her cheek briefly "as in....here?"

"Yes"

"I don't know if...well I don't really need anyone right now Mikhael...."

Mikhael cut her off "I don't care what it is, or if it's even here, at your book shop perhaps or...with the band? I just need something to start my new life. My father clearly didn't care about my future so I need to build myself up"

Daisy's face softened as she looked at Mikhael's pleading eyes. This poor boy had nobody in his life and had also just lost his only living relative. Russia was clearly a bad place for him to be and she knew how life changing starting over could be.

"I'll find something" she smiled while gently placing her hand on his "it won't be some high paying position, but leave it with me"