Part 16- "How did you find her"

Hi all, yes, yes I know it's been a while since I've updated Daisy & Freddie, and I have seen many DM's re an update. I will make sure I don't fall behind on this storyline.

I need to apologise as this chapter is quite dark. I know something light and funny would be ideal but it's necessary for the story to progress and as you all know I love to keep you on your toes and not make things predicable.
Despite its low tone, I hope you enjoy it and send your support to poor Daisy.

Love M x

Viktor adjusted the lapels of his shirt and knocked on the door.

With no answer, he knocked again harder.

The door opened slightly "what do you want" came a harsh voice.

"Freddie it's me, Viktor"

The door opened further but not fully. Freddie squinted into the hallway "Viktor?" He opened the door further "you look so....."

"In disguise? I'm Miguel Romanov now, may I come in?" He asked kindly, his Russian accent still clearly there but less that what it once was. His once neatly cut light brown hair, was now jet black as was his thick beard

Freddie stepped aside and allowed Viktor to enter the apartment. The curtains were drawn, letting in only a faint stream of light to shine through the gaps of the fabric.

The toxic smell was a mixture of stale air and alcohol was hard to stomach, while empty cigarette packets littered the floors.

"Viktor I'm not taking guests I'm......"Freddie couldn't continue his sentence. He wanted to say that he was in mourning, but that would cement that she was gone forever.

"I had to see you Freddie after I heard...."

The grieving pain started to creep up in Freddie again, the way it always did when he thought of her. He wanted to control himself infront of Viktor, but the nausea and grief rose in a bid to consume him.

Lunging forward, he braced his torso with his arms on his thighs. The heavy breathing was loud and raspy.

Viktor rushes to the kitchen, where he washed a glass in the sink, and returned with some cold water.

"Sit" he instructed, placing his hand on Freddie's lower back, and guiding him to a chair alongside the dining table.

Freddie pulled a face of disgust as he sipped the water, he was far too used to the strong burn of alcohol.

Taking a seat beside him, Viktor looked on as he tried to form the right things to say, but what could you say to a man who was heartbroken beyond repair.

"What...." he began "how did you find her" he continued cautiously, aware that his question may trigger Freddie further.

"I didn't. She sent me this, it's a suicide letter, I have no idea...where she is or if...." Freddie handed a white envelope to Viktor marked Freddie.

Turning it, he opened it and slid out the perfectly folded sheet of paper.

Freddie,
You have broken my heart. How can I possibly go on knowing that you have once again let me down. I can not live with or without you, please know that while I did love you greatly, we can not continue spoiling each other's lives any longer. Please forgive me, perhaps we will be reunited on the other side one day.
Please let go.