Part 18- "It makes sense now"

Miami placed his face into his hands as he looked over the mountain of paperwork that had overrun his entire desk.

With countless cancelled shows due to Freddie's inability to perform, naturally refunds were needed to be issued to a mountain of people.

The phones ring was a welcome distraction from the mental mayhem.

"Jim Beach speaking" he answered with a sigh, wondering who would be asking him for more money.

"Mr Beach? Hi my name is Albert Hudson"

"Mr Hudson is you are waiting on a refund it's in the mail, goodbye" Miami reached the phones switch hook.

"NO WAIT! It's about Daisy!" Albert called out desperately.

Miami paused, then cleared his throat "are you a reporter?"

"No Sir I'm not. But I have information on Daisy"

Leaning his head back, Miami contemplated hanging up and continuing his quest to get through the paperwork, but a nagging feeling and a sense of curiosity had him continue listening.

"I highly doubt you can have any new information on day and see Robinson Mr Hudson" he replied dryly.

A small crackle  on the phone had Madeline, Albert's daughter take over the phone call "Mr beach my name is Madeline, there is no easy or believable way to tell you this, but Daisy Robinson is here in Switzerland"

Instantly knowing that the call was a hoax, Miami gave a snort to himself and decided to amuse the crank callers and hear them out.

"You don't say, Daisy's in Switzerland? And how is old Daisy girl?"

Madeline was not impressed by Miami sarcasm "Mr beach I am a huge Queen fan, so do not think for a moment, that I don't know what you're thinking. I know that Daisy has been reported to have killed herself, but I and four other eyewitnesses,can verify that she's alive and being held captive"

Miami sat in silence, he was taken a back by what he had heard. He stood up slowly,and placed his free hand inside his pants pocket.

"Mr beach are you still there?" Madeline asked in response to the silence.

"I'm listening" Miami tone now more serious "so you're telling me, that Freddie Mercury's fiancé is in Switzerland....and alive"

"Yes I am, and not only is she here,but there is a man with her, a man that she is desperately trying to get away from"

Miami was becoming more concerned "Man? what man?"

Explaining the previous nights events, in great detail as well as including testimonials from the night manager and the reception staff, Madeline was starting to believe that Miami was finally listening.

Rubbing the back of his neck, the sweat began to run down Miami's skin as he listened carefully, trying to imagine how he was going to tell Freddie all of this or whether he was going to tell him at all.

"Miss Hudson, if what you are saying is true, you do realise, that I will need evidence before I can go to anyone about this"

"Isn't my word enough?" Madeline asked disappointed that she still hasn't completely convinced Queen's manager.

"Unfortunately my dear it's not. Daisy's suicide hit Freddie, understandably, very hard. If I were to  go to him, and say that she may be alive, based on your word alone, it could send him over the edge completely, and I can't risk that" Miami was sympathetic to Freddie's heartache, but the reality was, Queen was a machine that was frozen in its production with its lead singer unable to get on stage. There were millions owed, pay checks paused, and there was no room for further setback.