Part 12- "I'm so sorry Daisy"

My apologies for taking so long to update everyone.
I had a bad case of writers block and despite having a story line, I got a bit lost with how I would reach it. But the fog has cleared!

Also thank you for all your lovely comments! I love reading them and I have such a great laugh at the enthusiasm behind them. I would love to reply to all of them but I figure with what little writing time I have during the day, you'd probably want me updating rather than replying.

This chapter is a tad fluffy but necessary.
Would love to know where you think this is all going.
Much love,
M x

Roger clutched at Daisy, as his body was over thrown by a deep and excruciating pain. He sobbed loudly without any reservation while she held him tightly.

Shushing him and stroking his soft blond hair, she knew that nothing she could say or do would take away from what he was feeling.

Freddie sat a mere 6 feet away and stared at the carpet, not daring to look up at his best friend as he fell apart in front of him.

"My girls Daisy, what about my girls" Rogers wailed.

Hearing his high pitched cry of pain hit Freddie in the chest. He rose to his feet and went to the bathroom, closing the door loudly behind him.

Pacing while breathing heavily, he felt a panic that he hadn't felt in a long time, but now, it was for his friend.

Turning on the faucet, he focused his attention on the rapidly water. He watched and steadied his breathing as it flowed down the sink smoothly.

Seeing Roger like this was not only heartbreaking, but enraging. How dare Diana do this to him and to their children.

Daisy held Rogers face in her hands as she pressed her forehead to his "breathe" she whispered to him softly "shhhhhh just breathe Rog just breathe"

His small gasps for air began to lessen and then, he stopped.

His lips pressed against hers.

She pulled away, shocked completely by his action "what the fuck!" She became angry "WHAT THE FUCK! Why would you do that Roger?!"

"I'm so sorry Daisy" Roger jumped up and wiped his eyes on his sleeve "I don't know why I did that"

Daisy looked behind Roger then back to him "this never happened do you understand?"

Roger nodded quickly, clearly worried over his actions and the fact that Freddie was in the other room and wound have hung him, if he caught him kissing Daisy.

Freddie rushed out, uncomfortable by his emotions, he looked at Roger who was now even more pale looking. He frowned "you right Rog?"

"You need to go see the girls Rog, tell them Di is sick and is at a retreat to feel better. Let her family know what's going on" Daisy shifted the attention onto Roger's children, hoping that by giving him instructions he would feel more grounded.

She looked at her wrist watch and cursed under her breath "I need to go"

Freddie looked up "where to?"

Putting on her jacket and pulling her hair out from underneath the collar, she quickly kissed him"I told you I was meeting Margot to go look at houses"

Freddie's insides tensed up at the mention of Margots name. He knew that the more Daisy spent time with her, the closer she would get to him also.

As Daisy left, Freddie turned to Roger and slid his hands into his pockets. They stared at eachother, each thinking back to a time, where they were carefree and happy.
Wishing that their lives weren't forced into such complicated hell holes.