Part 17- "It was her"

Daisy carefully looked around at her surroundings. The path, the density of the trees, the steps it took to get from the house to the outskirts of the woods.

Alex walked ahead of her but only by a few steps. He kept his hands behind his back,with a small remote control tucked away in his fingers.

In the event she tried to run, he would send a painful electric shock, rendering her completely useless and convulsing on the ground.

"May I ask you something?" He asked knowing she wouldn't reply "did you ever have any feelings for me?"

Daisy couldn't help but give a stunned smirk. She decided, that this time she would speak "well let me see, by feelings so you mean love?"

Alex stopped and turned "yes"

"You know it's hard to tell. I was quite close particularly when I found out you gave me food poisoning, tried to have me stabbed to death, raped me and leys not forget staging my death and kidnapping. There's so many fond memories to pick from Alex"

Not appreciating her sarcasm, he wanted to press the red remote button, but knew that trying to forge any kind of relationship with her would need some tolerance from his end.

"For the record, the stabbing was my niece" he corrected.

"Oh yes, psycho niece, how could I forget. A very mentally stable gene pool you have there"

Alex crossed his arms and raised and eyebrow "and yet knowing this, you still insult me daily"

"Knowing this, and what you've done already, the only thing keeping me going is the thought that you get sick of me and kill me" Daisy's tone turned bitter.

"Careful what you wish for little girl" Alex warned with blazing eyes.

                                  *********

Diana searched Freddie's face for a hint of insanity "you're mad, you've all gone fucking mad!"

"Diana, I know it's hard to imagine...."Freddie began compassionately. Diana who had only recently left rehab, was not coping with Daisy's death. Having rekindled her relationship with Roger, and seeking couples counselling, she was fragile in every sense of the word.

"Imagine! That's exactly what it is, you're imagining" she replied getting visibly upset by the suggestion, that Daisy was still alive and being held captive.

Roger took Diana's hand and kissed the back of her knuckles "Di, I know that you're trying to move on from her death and that this is a regression for you, but we need to be sure"

Diana pulled her hand away and stood up while her tears ran in streams down her cheeks "sure of what! You're basing this on some dots in an envelope!"

James gave a slight cough.

"Diana love, I think out of everyone here, I'm grieving the most in having lost my child. The thought of restarting the entire healing process over some dots is crazy to me too. But. If there is, even the slightest chance that she's out there alive, I will do everything to find her"

Diana quickly turned apologetic "James yes I'm sorry of course, I.....I just don't think that this is solid enough"

"There was no body Diana. I'm surprised any of you would even continue your lives without looking for proof that she's dead" Viktor commented in a casual tone "look, I am happy to do this on my own, after all, I was apart of this mess to begin with"

"I'm in" James rose his hand, as did Freddie, his band mates, then finally Diana, who despite her hesitation was praying that they were right and she was wrong.