Part 5- "It's our little secret"

Freddie placed the tips of his fingers on his lips, and gently tapped them. Sitting opposite Daisy at their dining table, he opened his mouth once more, but nothing came out.

"I know it's unexpected and..." Daisy began to explain before Freddie spoke up.

"No, not at all" he waved his arm theatrically in a sarcastic manner "Why not! Let's hire Alex's son and have him around, infact let's just tell him that his murdering rapist fathers billions, were stoles by us via his personal assistant and is sitting in offshore accounts, what could possibly go wrong"

Daisy frowned "your comment reeks of sarcasm"

"No shit my love!"

Daisy's face went soft  "But Freddie, he's a child, he has no one, no money...."

"Sweetheart" Freddie presses together his lips in a firm line "when a billionaires son says he has no money, believe me, he still has more money that half the country's population....combined! I'm sure he can find his way without any meddling  from us"

Daisy understood Freddie's logic, and fear, but her guilt kept nagging her to help Mikhael . Knowing that he hated Alex as much as she did, was an unspoken bond between them.

She looked back up at Freddie and gave a small nod "ok"

Taking her hand, Freddie squeezed it softly before playing with her engagement ring "I love you, you know"

"I love you more"

                                 ************
"Well if he really needs a job, I know Margot is hiring" Vee suggested while pouring her a cup of tea.

"John's aunt Margot?" Diana asked as she finished of her slice of tea-cake.

"Uh huh, she's got her own real estate business, she's quite good actually, she deals with the upper class stuff, you know all those fancy apartments" Vee explained.

"I guess I could ask her" Daisy thought hard about what she was about to get involved in. Since reuniting with Freddie they've been open and honest about everything with eachother, but now she would be going against him.

Anita shook her head as though reading Daisy's mind "don't do it, it's not worth bringing that DNA back into the circle"

"He's not like Alex was though, he's sweet and...well he's hurt"

Anita shrugged "I would've be getting involved with him, I mean Freddie has a good point, this isn't just anybody's kid we're talking about here"

Vee frowned at Anita "but he's clearly in need of help,I think he should ALL try and lend him a hand"

Diana who was on the fence regarding helping sat unusually quietly beside Daisy, slowly sipping her tea.

Since hiring a P.I to follow Roger, she was constantly battling her nerves, wondering when she would be given the inevitable news that her husband was cheating on her.

Daisy nudged her out of her thoughts "what do you think?"

"Hrm?oh...uh well I don't really know, I mean, worst case he hates living like a commoner and goes back to Russia? I don't know"

Daisy was surprised by her usually vocal friends lack of opinion regarding Mikhael .

"Ok so it's settled, I'll help, I'll ask Margot if she could perhaps get him something in real estate, she was really nice at the party I'm sure she wouldn't mind" Daisy was hopeful and felt good about her decision.

After years of terrible luck, her life was on track and she was happy. Helping Mikhael was her way of giving back to the universe, and helping someone who's own life was destroyed by the same man who destroyed hers.

**************

"Daisy...." Margot cautiously replied as her secretary put through the phone call.

"Hi Margot, I'm sorry to disturb you at work"

"Not at all" She leaned back into her chair as she curiously waited for Daisy explanation as to why she was calling.

"I was wondering if we could meet up for a drink?"

A calculating smile grew on Margots face "Certainly, when did you have in mind?"

*********

Margot arrived late. By choice.

Her tight turquoise pencil dress accentuated her toned body, something she was proud of and worked hard for.

As she made her way to the bar, men stared at her longingly.

"Daisy" she smiled as she sat down on the stool beside her, and leaned in to kiss the side of  her cheek.

"Margot, you look stunning!" Daisy admired genuinely "I need to up my game around you" she winked.

Yes you do Margot thought to herself.

"So, you mentioned you needed to speak to me?" She asked curiously while waving down the barman.

"I have a....a friend. And he needs a job"

Margots eyes widened briefly "oh? He wants to be in real estate?"

"He wants to be in anything" Daisy rubbed the rim of her glass slowly, hoping Margot wouldn't go into detail over why she can't have him work at her publishing house.

Margot gave a single shrug "no problem. I'm happy to help however I can.

Despite being friendly towards towards Daisy, she desperately wanted to reach out and rip her throat out.

"Send him over tomorrow morning, I'll find him something to do" she added while lifting her glass to her lips.

"Oh and uh...could you not mention this to Freddie?" Daisy levered her voice slightly

Margot leaned in "it's our little secret"

************

Despite having seen the boys on the recording studio countless times, Daisy often would sit in on recording sessions and watch as the boys came up with their songs.

She would giggle at Freddie's lyrics changes which would often be him mocking one of the boys.

As she sat on the large couch behind the mixing table, Roger slumped beside her and stared at her.

She looked over, expecting him to say or do something stupid.

"Do you know what's wrong with Di?"

"Wrong with her?" Daisy repeated, a little surprised by his question.

"So you haven't noticed?" His eyes narrowed as he began to think deeply.

"Are you guys....ok?" Daisy rotates her body towards him and leaned against back of the couch.

"I genuinely don't know anymore. She's either quiet or angry, there's no in between"

Daisy felt guilty for having not noticed the change get in Diana. She sighed disappointedly.

"You'd tell me if something was wrong wouldn't you D?" Rogers voice broke slightly.

Daisy could tell that Roger was worried in her response, or lack there of. She have a smile and a nod "Of course. She's probably just overwhelmed with the kids"

Thinking back to her conversation with Diana at Johns engagement, she remembered that Diana has broken down over her anger.

Being consumed with her own life, she has completely forgotten about her best friend and what she was silently battling.

The sharp ring of the studio phone interrupted their conversation, with Roger jumping to his feet and picking up the receiver.

"Ah yeah, send her in" he cheerfully replied. As he hung up, he pressed the intercom and called into the studio booth to John "Deaks, your aunt is here, she's coming in"

Freddie, who's face dropped to his stomach, began to fidget nervously, wondering why Margot would be visiting.