Chapter 38

"The tighter you bound him to you, the further he would be from you."
______

"You two are dating?"

A middle aged man asked Hyojoo as she smiled sheepishly, pushing strands of her hair behind her ear before nodding. The man let out a hearty laugh before exclaiming,

"That's great news! Me and Taehyung's father have been discussing about an arranged marriage between the both of you!"

Hyojoo's eyes lit up as she listened to her father's explanation of the contract. She had a little thought in her mind that gave her hope. Maybe, this contract would be what saved her relationship with V.
After they dated, V seemed to have lost his interest and excitement when with her. It seemed like he was bored with her. However, if she tied him to this marriage contract, he would have no choice but to stay with her. Maybe, then, he would truly see her strengths and her love for him and wish to stay with her then.
Her eyes lit up as a bright and radiant smile was shown on her face. She felt the bright light of hope shining before her eyes. This contract could save her relationship with V. This contract could ignite and rekindle their love for each other once again.
And so, with shaking hands with excitement, she gripped onto the pen before her tightly. She held the contract in front of her and skimmed over the conditions again. With a ray of hope shining in her eyes brightly, she signed the contract.