Chapter 35

"When he looks at you with those eyes, you can't not admit that he's completely smitten by you."
________

Sitting on the couch in the matchmaking shop was Bom and V. V stared at Bom as he felt his heart flutter. He did not know what this feeling was but he rather liked it. Then, he smiled, causing Bom to smile back.

"Look, I'm sorry. I was distant because it was my mom's death anniversary,"

Bom replied, her eyes averting away as she clasped her hands tightly together. V was overwhelmed with remorse as he scooted closer to her and hugged her. She just smiled weakly and rested her head on his shoulder.

"I'm so sorry, if I had known, I wouldn't have bothered you,"

He apologised, nearly tearing up but Bom just smiled. The pain of knowing you'll never mine was more hurtful than my mother's death anniversary. I've lost her already but I was currently losing you. Bom thought but just replied with,

"It's fine."

For the next few minutes, they just sat there, side by side as V embraced her and she just rested her head on his wide and comfortable shoulder. Without a care for the world, they just sat there, feeling the happiest they have felt since a while.

"You know we can't do this, right? If Hyojoo sees this-"

"I don't care. My main priority right now, is to make you happy,"

V replied, causing Bom to lift her head up and look at him. He looked down and at her and they both smiled as they made eye contact. This moment made both their hearts flutter as neither of them wanted to break eye contact. V, with a racing heart, whispered softly,

"I wish this moment could last forever."