Chapter 8

"Although the world seems to be crumbling, I'd still trust you blindly."
___________

"Ok, firstly, dress well,"

V muttered to himself, reading the advice Bom had given him which he had written down on his notepad that was randomly in his hand when she gave him advice. Also, where did the pen he used to write come from, author? Nevermind...
V looked in the mirror and adjusted his tie. He had picked out a full canvas blue suit that he usually wore when he went for his father's company dinners or if his family had visitors over. Not too formal but not too casual. After all, his father was the president of the company.

"She told me to dress well, but is a suit really necessary for a date to a pet shelter? Whatever,"

V shrugged as he sprayed some cologne his wrist and rubbed it on his neck. He looked in the mirror again, slicking his hair back with hair gel. He
trusted Bom with her dating advice. She is his matchmaker, after all. Everything would go smoothly, he thought, smiling to himself.
V could not help but fantasise about how much fun he would have with Hyojoo. The date he had planned was genius, at least he thought. He loved all kinds of pets and who would not?  Suddenly, his phone's alarm rang, reminding him about the date and he rushed out of his house, his heart beating fast.
Soon, V had reached the pet shelter and he stood there awkwardly for 10 minutes. He was confused. Very confused. He took out his notepad that he had managed to squeeze into his pockets and stared at the second advice he had written down.

"Secondly, be early. I arrived 25 minutes early but I don't get how this is helpful. All I can do right now is stand under the hot blazing sun with a suit and sweat,"

V whined as he started fanning himself with the notepad. Although the date was already not going well, he still had trust in Bom and he was confident that the rest of the date would go better than it currently was.