Chapter 42

"Love makes you do things that cannot be comprehended."
________

"I can't believe we're getting married soon!"

Hyojoo exclaimed, holding V's hand as she strolled down the alley. She was smiling so much that her cheekbones hurt. V was happy just seeing her in euphoria. However, he felt a bad feeling in the pit of his stomach. His eyebrows furrowed.

"Look at the flowers blossoming!"

Hyojoo exclaimed, pointing at the cherry blossoms that were on the trees. Images of flowers in Bom's matchmaking shop flashed in V's mind as he looked at the flowers. He unknowingly smiled as his heart fluttered just like the petals that were fluttering in the wind. His heart, unlike just now, suddenly felt light.

"They are really beautiful..."

V muttered to himself, no longer looking at the cherry blossoms but looking at Bom who had appeared in front of him instead of Hyojoo. His soft smile grew bigger as he saw Bom. Weirdly, he felt impelled to kiss her. Without hesitating, he rushed towards whom he thought was Bom but was Hyojoo.
He grabbed her face softly and pulled her close to him. With his eyes fixed on her cherry red lips, he tilted his head slightly. Her plump lips were pulling him closer as his heart raced. As he felt impossible to resist his urge, he pulled her close and kissed her, feeling as if his heart exploded.
However, though he might have imagined Hyojoo as Bom, he was still kissing Hyojoo, not Bom. The electrifying feeling he felt as his lips touched what he thought were Bom's lips immediately faded once he snapped out of his thoughts and realised he was kissing Hyojoo.
He immediately pushed Hyojoo away, panting as his eyes shifted around in confusion. However, clueless and wanting more, Hyojoo pulled him closer. Her lips were about to touch his when in a panic, V pushed her away a little too violently.
Eyes wide, Hyojoo collapsed on the floor. Her eyes were glistened with tears as she looked at him in disbelief. However, instead of helping her up, V did not even spare a glance for her. Rather, he looked around frantically before running off. Sitting on the ground with her heart broken to pieces was Hyojoo, left all alone.