Chapter 2

“True love is when you know every bit of her flaws and her personality but still love her.”
__________________

At the beginning, it was awkward. They both sat in silence as he slowly regretted stepping into the shop. He found it humiliating to even consider getting a matchmaker and now he has already hired one. Was he this desperate?
On the other hand, all Bom could see was a guy wringing his hands nervously as his eyes shifted from side to side. She gave him time to calm down. This wasn't the first time a customer acted like this and she was used to it.
Pushing strands of hair behind her ear, she looked back up at him just to find him looking at her as she smiled. That vibrant, encouraging and bright smile was just enough to start the conversation. An unbearably endless one.
He would not stop talking. It was an endless stream of compliments about how beautiful the girl he likes was. Hyojoo was her name and she had long brown hair that fluttered in the wind, eyes that held countless of stars, a sweet smile and sweet pink lips and cheeks.
Bom smiled. He looked so in love. She did not want to interrupt him but she had to. She asked about Hyojoo's interests and hobbies, how they met and why he liked her. However, to her dismay, his answer was unexpected.

"I think she likes roses?"

"I'm not sure about what her hobbies are..."

"Yeah! We were childhood friends but we only met when our fathers met."

"We met at my father's promotion party."

"I like her because she's pretty and smart."

Bom sighed. How was she going to ever tell him that it wasn't true love? Would he listen?