Chapter 37

"If you don't love someone anymore, break it off. Don't hurt more people than necessary."
______

Hyojoo sat on her bed and thought about V. He hasn't contacted her in days but today, all was going to change. With a bright and wide smile, she picked up her phone and called him.

"Hello?"

She heard his deep and charming voice say. Her heart fluttered as her smile grew wider.

"Babe! You wanna go with me to the café? I have something to give you!"

She exclaimed, her eyes falling on the heart shaped gift box she had on her table beside her bed. Her heart started racing until she heard,

"Who's that, V?"

A familiar and feminine voice rang in her ear, causing her to go berserk.

"No, it's just Hyojoo,"

V replied. His reply made Hyojoo even more pissed but she kept quiet. Bom is just a friend. Bom is just a friend. She can't be possessive over V, she needs to be a good girlfriend. So, with gritted teeth, she asked,

"So? Can we go to the café?"

"Uh-"

V replied, looking over at Bom who was urging him to say yes.

"Ok,"

With that, V and Hyojoo were seated opposite each other, drinking their coffee and tea. Hyojoo excitedly placed the heart shaped box on the table, her heart fluttering.

"What is this?"

V asked, looking a little bored but smiling a little.

"My gift for you!"

Hyojoo exclaimed with a bright and childish smile, proud of her gift. However, V just nodded absent mindedly, not even paying attention to anything. Hyojoo frowned for a second before masking it with a forced smile.

"Do you like it?"

"Is it Valentine's Day or something?"

He asked, completely uninterested. Hyojoo's heart sank as she muttered,

"Today is the day we first met. I thought you'd remember..."

V's eyes widened as he grabbed her hand.

"I'm so sorry! It's just that my parents they-"

Hyojoo just took his hand off hers and smiled bitterly.

"It's alright, I understand,"

She muttered softly, trying to keep the tears that were welling up in her eyes from trickling down.