Chapter 24

"We might not be similar, but we're still bounded by love."
_________

Sitting opposite Taehyung in a small quiet café was Hyojoo, smiling brightly as she grasped onto a book that had a very bland and boring looking cover. V grimaced as he looked around him, waiting for Bom to appear.
He had signed up for book club as Hyojoo was in it and signing up was the biggest regret in his life. Everyone in the club except him and Hyojoo were always ten minutes late based on what Hyojoo said and this gathering was really proving how unpunctual they were. 
However, he was doing this all for Hyojoo. He also signed up for the book club as he knew that they have off-campus gatherings often which meant that him and Bom's 'jealousy plan' was going to work. Bom had been telling him about how he needed to make Hyojoo 'jealous'.

"Jealousy is the only way you two can argue, learn from your mistakes and tighten you guys' bond,"

She said a few days ago, looking seemingly proud of her advice. V rolled his eyes as he remembered the advice she had given to him. Although he felt like it was a ridiculous piece of advice, he found himself smiling fondly.

"What are you smiling about?"

Hyojoo asked, smiling sweetly as she leaned in close and looked at him intently. V returned her the smile and replied,

"Oh, nothing."

Hyojoo smiled before asking,

"Well, what book did you bring?"

V taken aback by her sudden question, remembered Bom's advice. 

"She's probably bringing some boring and lame ass book, so you should bring another boring and lame book too,"

Bom was right. In Hyojoo's hand was a book called 'Traditional Korean Philosophy: Problems and Debates'. V cringed yet again before masking his disgusted expression with a fake smile in a flash.

"I brought 'Korean Philosophy: Its Tradition and Modern Transformation'."

He replied, nearly crying from having to read such a long title. Where is Bom and the other club members? How long do I have to deal with this? V thought, his head already starting to hurt. However, just as he was about to have an internal mental breakdown, he heard the bell on top of the café entrance door ring.