Chapter 12

"The world might be on fire but as long as I'm with you, I'm fine."
__________

"Are you sure she won't find this suspicious?"

V asked worriedly as Bom picked up a piece of newspaper and covered her face with it. They were at a café in the afternoon after V asked Hyojoo out on a date yet again to his favourite café with Bom sitting beside their table "undercover".

"Well, this is my first time since none of my clients have ever been this shitty at dates,"

Bom replied, her voice dripping in sarcasm as she flicked her newspaper and held it closer to her face. V rolled his eyes, opening his mouth to say something when Bom kicked him in the shin. V winced as he rubbed his shin, glaring at Bom.

"What was that fo-"

"She's here!"

Bom exclaimed as his eyes widened and he immediately rushed to his seat, his eyes following Hyojoo's figure as she walked in with an off-the-shoulder maxi silk dress in flower pattern and sandals. V stared at her, his mouth agape.

"I'm sorry I'm late! Got caught in traffic!"

"Oh! It's ok! At least you made it up to me by looking so beautiful!"

V said, spilling all the compliments Bom had went through with him with a charming smile. Bom let out a sigh of relief as she continued holding the newspaper close to her face. Hyojoo gushed, her face turning red as she giggled slightly. Soon, they had asked for the waiter and had ordered their food. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until...

"So, as we wait for the food, let's chat a bit!"

Hyojoo suggested, her face beaming with happiness as her radiant and warm smile slowly grew wider. V , seeing how happy she was, smiled back. 

"I know your favourite colour is pastel pink but mine is brown, like your eyes and poop-"

V laughed and said while bring his cup of tea to his mouth before getting nudged in the ribcage by Bom's elbow. His tea spilled all over his white shirt as Hyojoo's eyes widened and so did V's. He turned around to give Bom a quick glare before grabbing the piece of tissue Hyojoo had handed him hurriedly to wipe his shirt.

"Oh my!"

Hyojoo exclaimed as she stood up from her seat, rushing over to help him but he stopped her and let out a fake laugh.

"It's fine,"

He said through clenched teeth. 

"Everything is going horribly..."

Bom muttered.