Chapter 9

"Though things may look horrible, everything will get better in the end."
__________

After what seemed like eternity of hellish waiting, Hyojoo finally arrived. She looked absolutely beautiful. She wore a V-neck floral crop top, denim shorts and sandals. Her hair was tied up into a messy bun as she beamed at V, walking towards him.
V stared at her, mouth wide and unmoving as his eyes followed her until she was right beside him. She let out a small laugh as she waved her hand in front of his face, snapping him out of his thoughts. V blinked a few times, flabbergasted by her beauty as she looked at the suit he wore and let out another laugh.

"Why are you dressed so formal?"

She asked between laughs. V cocked his head to the left, visibly confused. She looked at him intently, waiting for a reply but there was silence. Awkwardly, he coughed and started walking into the pet shelter.
A few moments passed and V and Bom were finally ready to volunteer at the pet shelter. They walked in, seeing the different animals caged up. However, they both had different reactions. V ran up towards the animals and waved to them with a huge smile. However, V didn't notice that Hyojoo was panicking as she started to sniff and her nose was runny.
Soon, they started getting to work. V helped clean the cages while Hyojoo filled water and food bowls. V was having the time of his life playing with the animals but Hyojoo kept on sneezing and sniffing. V, however, was oblivious to her behaviour until he felt a tap on his shoulder.

"Tae? I... can't... breathe..."

Hyojoo whispered, as she started gasping for air and coughing. V panicked as he saw that her eyes were red and watery. He immediately brought her out of the pet shelter and let her sit on the bench nearby, letting her rest on his shoulder before asking,

"Are you okay?"

Hyojoo gave a small smile as she nodded.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my pet allergies. I really wanted to spend time with you and I knew you love animals,"

Hyojoo said weakly. V felt a stab in his chest as guilt washed over him.

"No, it's my fault. I should have paid more attention to you when you started sneezing a lot,"

V felt horrible. This date went way worse than he expected and it was all his fault.