Chapter 13

"There's nobody in your life that you meet that you aren't suppose to meet."
___________

After a while, the food arrived and all was at peace once again. V was cutting his cake when Hyojoo put her latte down and stopped eating. V looked up at her, concerned. Seeing V visibly concerned, Hyojoo just shot him a weak smile.

"Just a little stomachache,"

She said, rubbing her belly.

"I heard drinking water helps,"

V replied, gesturing to his cup of warm water that he hadn't drank yet. She refused with a red face. Her heart was beating like crazy at the fact that he cared so much but she masked it well.

"Our parents might be meeting up soon for another business deal and they wanted to know if your parents are doing well,"

"They're fine. Just busy as always,"

V said, his eyes tearing up a bit as he adverted his gaze to stare at the ground. Hyojoo, looking at him with pitying eyes, grabbed his hand, causing V to look up in shock as his face reddened.

"Listen, Taehyung, they're doing this for you. They want you to live a life without having to worry financially and about your career."

Hiding behind the newspaper was Bom who's heart had dropped when she heard the familiar name. Taehyung? Could it have just been a coincidence? Losing focus, Bom did not notice what happened next.
V who was bashful and shocked by Hyojoo grabbing his hand suddenly, pulled his hand away. His eyes were narrowed as a scowl crept up his face. His eyes were burning with rage and disappointment.

"I don't want to inherit my father's company! I didn't think you would think the same selfish way as my parents do!"

He yelled, shaking in rage.

"Use my card to pay for the meal,"

He muttered angrily, his eyes staring hard at the ground as he took out his credit card and left it on the table before standing up and storming out of the restaurant. Absolutely shocked, Hyojoo sat still in her seat before sighing and put his card in her wallet, making a note to return it to him when they meet in class before paying for the meal. 
The only one who was left at the café was Bom who had a bunch of questions in her head. She was unsure if she had heard V's real name correctly. She did say Taehyung, didn't she? Was he the same Taehyung she knew?