Chapter 19

"Dreams are like books that are written about you,"
_______

Lying on his bed was V, confused about his father's words. His father's voice echoed in his head and V could not help but think about it. What did his father mean? Why was his mother afraid of letting him know? However, with all these troubling thoughts smothering his mind, his eyes slowly closed and he fell asleep.
-
He opened his eyes to the sound of rain. He was wrapped in a blanket and sitting outside of what seemed like an orphanage. Beside him was a zinnia (a flower). Everything seemed way too large. V looked at his hands and realised his hand were of a child's. He felt cold but all he could do was wrap himself tighter in the blanket. Then, he heard doors open.
In front of him was a concerned mid-forties lady accompanied with two others. They looked at him in pity before holding his hands and rubbing them softly. They handed him more blankets to wrap himself in and he took them.

"You poor child, how could they abandon you?"

The lady asked, holding V's hand tightly as she led him into the orphanage. Inside the orphanage were many children of different ages. Their eyes were shimmering with hopes of being adopted until they realised the person who entered was not a potential foster parent but yet another abandoned child.
V was looking around and observing the orphanage. All the people there who took care of the kids seemed to treat them well. However, that was when V heard loud roaring thunder. He flinched, closing his eyes tightly as his body shrivelled up like a dead leaf.
-
When V opened his eyes, he was back in his room. He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. Yet another realistic dream. Why was he having so many dreams lately? And why were they all so realistic? Why did he feel like these dreams were not dreams but memories?