Chapter 32

"Love is fun when all works out. But when they don't, everything seems to crumble down like a house of cards."
________

Running out of the matchmaking shop with tears streaming down her cheeks, Bom ran to the park where she and her mother went to pick flowers at. She collapsed beside the bushes of red poppies. She yelled out in agony as she picked one poppy from the ground.

"Bom-ah, Mom wants you to know that you were the best daughter I could ever ask for. And when I pass, I want you place poppies by my grave because poppies have long been used as a symbol of sleep, peace, and death."

The voice of her mother echoed in her head as she sobbed pathetically. She stared at that one poppy with tears still flowing down her cheeks as she sniffed. Poppies always reminded her of her mother. Not only because of her mother's last words but also because of what the meaning of poppies were. 

"I've experienced how it was like to lose my loved one, I don't want to lose you too,"

She mumbled, holding the poppy tightly as she thought about V. She liked him. She liked him with her whole heart. But he liked Hyojoo. At first, when he first asked her for help to matchmake him and Hyojoo, she felt like it was infatuation. But seeing how they were already dating, it proved otherwise. He did love Hyojoo. And she was merely getting in their way.
Bom's face creased, her shoulders quivering as her body frame shrunk. Her ragged breathing showed how much she struggled to breathe against her sobs. Her left hand clenched into a tight fist as she let out cries of pain. However, her right hand still delicately held onto the stem of the poppy. Her agony did not prevent her from protecting the flower.
Her tears rained down onto the soil where the poppies were planted as her whole body shook with grief. She, however, did not know why she was crying. Did she miss her mother or was she grieving over the fact that she could never be with V? 
She did not care about what caused her pain. All she knew was that the bottled up emotions she had had to be let out. The mask she wore every time she saw V had to come off. And today was the day. Therefore, she let the tears run down her face like water gushing out of the drain and the only time she paused was to take another breath of air.