Chapter 15

"As long as you're happy, I am too."
_______

V let out a gasp as he looked around. He was in his room. He let out a sigh as he looked at himself, realising he was soaked in sweat and was shaking. He realised he had a nightmare but it felt way too realistic.
Before he could think further, he heard a 'ding', notifying him of a text message. He picked up his phone and realised it was Bom. Unknowingly, a smiled crept up his face as he read the message. 'Come to my shop'.

Soon, he arrived at the shop and he saw Bom sitting on the couch, visibly upset.

"How could you screw up the date again?"

V's face darkened upon hearing what she said.

"If you want me to go on another date with her, I'm not going to."

"Of course I'm not! I'm not as foolish as you! You have to apologise to her,"

Bom said. V's eyebrows furrowed.

"Why should I?"

Bom sighed as she crossed her arms. Just like that, a few minutes passed and V was convinced by Bom to apologise. He had his phone to his ear as he waited for Hyojoo to pick up the phone. And she did.

"I'm sorry for getting mad at you. I'm normally really sensitive about my parents and you know that. It was stupid of me to get mad at you. Please let me make it up to you. I'll do anything,"

V begged. His face looked equally desperate as his voice. However, he heard a laugh. Hyojoo was laughing.

"You sound like such a baby. Cute,"

She gushed as she continued laughing. A wide smile appeared on V's face, causing Bom who was listening to the conversation to smile as well. Something about his smile made her stomach flip upside down.

"You forgive me?"

V exclaimed with hope shining in his eyes.

"Well, you did say you'd do anything to make it up to me. So, how about a date? Take me out on a date to the amusement park,"

Hyojoo suggested.

"Yes! Ok! I will! Meet you there next week!"

And just like that, V was sitting on the couch with a childlike smile spread across his face. His stomach was doing cartwheels. Little did he know, Bom's stomach was too.