251-265

Chapter 251: Exterminating Savage Creatures (2)

The water was filling up further and further. Adding on the fact that the sewage pipes on west street were all blocked, the speed at which the water was entering was far faster than the speed at which water was coming out. Very quickly, the entire underground area in this street area was submerged, leaving no space for air.

As the entire underwater tunnel system was filled with liquid, the water level at the Gluttonous Insect Monster’s lair was also two thirds submerged.

The tunnel itself wasn’t long, and with hundreds of Gluttonous Insect Monster, when there was only two thirds space, almost all of them hung themselves on the ceiling. Some even used their long arms to grab onto their companions, their body already submerged in the water.

“Putong~~~~~~~~~~”

One Gluttonous Insect Monster didn’t hold on tightly and slipped into the water. After letting out a stream of frantic screams, its four limbs constantly slapped at the water, creating splashes.

The Gluttonous Insect Monsters realized that air was slowly decreasing. Discovering that its fellow creatures were falling into the water, they all looked at it splash with apathetic stares. Not a single one went to give it a hand. If even three Gluttonous Insect Monster lowered their tails slightly, they could help it out of the water.

The Gluttonous Insect Monster weren’t completely afraid of water. If their stamina was enough, they could still swim around in it, but they couldn’t breathe underwater like water type soul pets could.

The water splashes lasted a while until the fallen Gluttonous Insect Monster slowly lost its energy, and its body sank under……

Not long after sinking into the water, this Gluttonous Insect Monster again floated up, but this time, it floated up with its four limbs facing up, while its body slowly showed signs of turning charcoal black.

“Pu dong~~~~~~~~~”

The oxygen provided for these Gluttonous Insect Monsters were getting less and less. Some weaker ones were already very weak from the lack of oxygen and had fallen into the water.

It was still the same struggle in the water, and still the same apathetic stare. Very quickly, this pack of weak Gluttonous Insect Monster drowned in the water and floated back up.

“Sisisisi~~~~~~”

“Sisisisi~~~~Sisisi~~~~~~~”

Even if their intelligences were low, they could still realize their imminent deaths. These Gluttonous Insect Monster started showing signs of communication, as if preparing to leave.

The water grew higher and higher, until it finally submerged almost the entire tunnel. There were nearly fifty monsters that had drowned in the water. When even the last few Gluttonous Insect Monster were dizzy and inflicted with headaches, they let out panicked screeches.

Finally, these things planned to escape. They knew that if they stayed for any longer, they would die for sure.

“Huahuahua~~~~~~~~~~~~”

All of the remaining Gluttonous Insect Monster jumped into the water. With their understanding of the tunnels from the past few weeks, they chose the nearest sewage exit and planned on using their short diving abilities to swim there.