221-235

Chapter 221: Evoked Brave Jungle

Back when Chu Mu had discovered the Soul Pet Palace’s bounty, he had revealed a bit of suspicion, because the bounty didn’t obtain the permission of Soul Pet Palace.

Furthermore, the Bloodsucking Wood Demon was a commander rank soul pet and its Bloodsucking Wood was extremely precious. Yet, the normal price of a Bloodsucking Wood Demon should have been about 1 million, while the bounty had offered 5 million gold coins. Even if it was a top quality Blood Sucking Wood Demon, it wouldn’t necessarily have such a high value.

As for the young man suddenly coming over to pair up with him while further equipped with a 500,000 commission, an extremely beneficial coincidence had essentially appeared. Thus, it didn’t cause Chu Mu to go and confirm if the bounty was a true thing.

   ……

“Haha, Ting Nan, you’ve caught another fish for us again. Once our Bloodsucking Wood Demon’s eat the blood of this fellow’s soul pets, they’ll probably reach the seventh phase!” a laugh came out from the shrubs, belonging to a thirty year old or so soul pet trainer.

This person’s skin was dark, and he had a ferocious appearance with a face that resembled a criminal.

Next to this dark skinned man were three other soul pet trainers. The four soul pet trainers were all about thirty years old and their appearance was coarse and wild. If it was a female looking at them, these men would give them an untrustworthy and insecure feeling.

“Brother Jiang, the people from Soul Pet Palace seem to have already discovered our trap. After we finish this one, let’s switch locations.” said a soul pet trainer with a rather thick face.

“Let’s get rid of this brat first.” said the man called Brother Jiang.

   ……

Four soul pet trainers, and they each had one Bloodsucking Wood Demon. This meant that there were a total of four Bloodsucking Wood Demons around Chu Mu!

Chu Mu himself was very surprised, having encountered a group of people without the morals of a soul pet trainer. His expression turned much colder.

“Devil Tree, Root Net!”

When Chu Mu had sensed the arrival of danger, he had summoned the Devil Tree Battle Soldier.

The Devil Tree Battle Soldier let out a roar, and its tree trunk arms brandished in the air. Abruptly, several roots sprouted up from the ground; these roots possessed independence like they were alive as they twisted together, rapidly forming two root nets. They protected Chu Mu and Zhan Ye inside.

Of the four piercing branches, the Devil Tree Battle Soldier’s root net only managed to stop two of them. The other two appeared in the front and back, respectively, of the Devil Tree Battle Soldier.

“Zhan Ye, Heavenly Splitting Claw!”

“Hou~~~~~~~~”

Zhan Ye locked his eyes on one of the piercing branches, and suddenly pounced towards it. Its claws violently ripped across, ruthlessly tearing the piercing root to pieces!

However, there was still one root that was unable to be defended against. It struck the Devil Tree Battle Soldier’s body with extreme accuracy and entered its abdomen!