81-100

Chapter 81: Rare Blood Beast, Yang Family

Chu Mu’s mental energy had pretty much been depleted. With the intention of being safe, he didn’t dare to walk anywhere and everywhere. After finding a hole in a tree, he hid inside.

Just after finding this small habitat, Chu Mu felt fortunate because a light drizzle of rain began to fall onto the island, covering the jungle in dampness.

The hole in the tree was probably left by some kind of climbing creature. The inside still had a bit of hay, and Chu Mu hugged Mo Xie as he sat inside the tree hole. This position was just good enough to see the sky through the fog that completely covered the island.

The field of view on Prison Island was extremely narrow. Being enveloped by dark clouds gave people an even further gloomy feeling. Looking at the vast jungle and horizon, Chu Mu gradually became a bit entranced.

His thoughts began to follow the drifting rain and wind as a few scenes from the past couldn’t help but appear once more in his mind. Gradually, his expression sullened...

Chu Mu had lived with his father, Chu Tiancheng, from a very young age. In Chu Mu’s heart, Chu Tiangcheng was like a teacher and a friend. In front of Chu Tiancheng, Chu Mu wasn’t as reverent and reserved as he was towards other elders. Instead, he was often calm, and he would communicate from the heart with a smile. Chu Mu, at the age of fifteen, possessed this sort of calm sophistry and wisdom because of Chu Tiancheng’s guidance.

Despite always being impolite in front of Chu Tiancheng- he would sometimes even make sarcastic and cutting remarks- Chu Mu still harbored a deeply rooted adoration for his father in his heart. He adored his abundant life experience, his wise and farsighted thinking, and his powerful strength.

Chu Mu really enjoyed this sort of lifestyle. Even though because of his very first soul pact he almost didn’t become a soul pet trainer, Chu Mu had never genuinely been dispirited. This was due to Chu Tiancheng’s perpetual encouragement...

However, good things never last forever. His clan’s decline caused the person who would often appear in front of him with a smile to change into the back of view of a person with a hurried figure. He would only speak a few short sentences, or write a one or two line curt letter...

Chu Mu also wasn’t a child who adhered to his parents, and he was gradually capable of functioning independently. He began to understand that a clan required, aside from the support of the elders, a next generation with potential. In this way, the clan would have hope for the future.

When he was ten, Chu Mu had more contact with other similar aged people from other clans. Various comparisons, competitions, fights and schemes began to constantly appear between these young ten year old boys and girls...

Only, the first soul pact and the second pact that had mysteriously disappeared caused Chu Mu to lose the ability to compete with similar aged people...

“The first soul pact…” Thinking about this, Chu Mu’s eyes suddenly became pained and troubled.

Each time he thought about his first soul pact, a trace of emotion would always rush forth from his heart...

The first soul pact was an enormous shadow in Chu Mu’s heart. This shadow caused Chu Mu to faintly ache in his heart each time he thought of it. Simultaneously, it would arouse a bit of anger and determination.

Many times, Chu Mu would relate his first soul pet with his mother. However, this wasn’t because the two had some sort of relation; rather it was because his mother gave Chu Mu a similar feeling.