41-60

Chapter 41: New Battle Technique: Flaming Awn

After returning to his wooden hut, Chu Mu could finally go to sleep.

Nightmare Palace’s rules meant that as long as one could survive this sort of competition while simultaneously not being devoured by the Nightmare, he would then have the qualifications to become a Nightmare Palace member.

Currently, Chu Mu could already be said to be a Nightmare Palace member. Three days later he would go to a few islands with towns on them and then he would no longer have to live like a slave.

The only thing that Chu Mu was worried about was Cao Yi, whose temperament was hard to judge. Previously, if Senior hadn’t been mentioned, Cao Yi may have killed him right then and there.

“If I have the opportunity, I must get rid of this Cao Yi!” Chu Mu was able to discern the killing intent that Cao Yi harbored towards him. This sort of hidden danger could bring him a lot of trouble.

Upon returning to his wooden hut, Chu Mu didn’t sleep immediately. His training had expended around thirty to forty percent of his soul power. Taking advantage of the fact that the White Nightmare hadn’t eaten yet, Chu Mu needed to recover his soul power as soon as possible.

He silently cultivated from daybreak until approximately dusk when the White Nightmare finally awakened. It asked Chu Mu for food for the first time after entering stage nine.

Chu Mu’s expended soul power had already been completely recovered by then, and he used it to feed the White Nightmare. In Chu Mu’s consciousness, the White Nightmare let out a shout indicating that it had eaten enough and once again entered a deep sleep.

“Eighty percent. I still have twenty percent left, so I’m still fine.” A smile finally appeared on Chu Mu’s face.

After his strength reached a soul soldier’s third remembrance, he should have drawn apart a definite gap with the stage nine White Nightmare. Chu Mu was now able to have twenty percent of his soul power at his disposal.

The soul technique - Chong Mei expended approximately forty percent of Chu Mu’s soul power. In a crucial moment, Chu Mu could still use it. Furthermore, once he left the Cyan Nightmare Island and became a Nightmare Palace member, Chu Mu would be able to access other soul techniques. The depletion of those soul techniques shouldn’t be as large.

The remaining soul power left by the White Nightmare could be considered to have unhinged some of the locks restraining Chu Mu. After fights, Chu Mu no longer had to hide.

When night arrived, Chu Mu began training Mo Xie once again.

He continued to follow the same sequence of training- using twenty percent of the beast soul crystal crown energy to baptise Mo Xie, and ten percent of the fire type soul crystal crown energy to increase her attribute.

“A transformation happened?” When Chu Mu finished today’s training, he immediately discovered a few changes with Mo Xie’s body.

The most evident was that the claws hidden in her pads were no longer simply becoming sharper, but instead these Young Claws fell off and now new claws grew from her pads!

“Second stage claws, Punishing Claws!” Upon discovering Mo Xie’s change, Chu Mu immediately revealed an expression of extreme excitement.

Evolving from the first stage’s Young Claws to the second stage’s Punishing Claws generally required a long period of time with ceaseless practice. The transformation this time allowed Mo Xie’s claws to directly increase by a stage!