101-114

Chapter 101: New Soul Pet, Devil Tree Battle Soldier

Wangluo City

Chu Family’s courtyard.

A gracefully beautiful and curvy woman stood on the cobblestone bypath. Her gaze was fixated on the blooming flowerbeds in the courtyard. However, she wasn’t paying attention to the flowers; rather, her gaze was fixated on a certain spot as she was lost in thought...

“You’ve returned…” The slightly deep voice of a man came from the courtyard door to the side. The man was tall and rugged but slightly skinny. He wore a long robe as he slowly walked to the front of the woman.

“Mhm.” The woman nodded her head. Her beautiful eyes stared at the male, and her expression faintly changed. However, the change was only for an instant, and quickly her eyes returned to their original disposition.

“Where do you plan on going next time?” asked the man.

“I don’t have any plans; nevertheless, I won’t stay here.” said the woman.

The man’s gaze never left the woman. His expression was extremely complicated. Within the gentle look there was a mixed bit of helplessness and bitterness, “If there’s a day you ever feel tired, then come back.”

The woman didn’t say anything. After being silent for awhile, it seemed as if she was hesitating, as the emotion in her eyes seemed to wander a bit.

“Say what you want to say.” The male seemed to understand everything about the woman.

The woman looked at the man once more before finally speaking: “Tiancheng, I want to bring Mu Er with me.”

Chu Tiancheng’s expression instantly changed. Even though he tried his hardest to mask it, his expression was still revealed.

“Mu Er is already…” The words nearly came out of Chu Tiancheng’s mouth, but he didn’t dare to speak anymore.

“What happened? What happened to him?” The mood of the woman had previously been rather aloof and arrogant. Only when discussing this matter would there be a tinge of emotion.

Chu Tiancheng was slightly bitter as he swallowed back his words and said: “Nothing, I let him go away to learn. He will return in a year.”

“Who's with him? Can his safety be guaranteed?” The woman subsequently asked.

“It’s only in a relatively safe area. Nothing bad should occur.” said Chu Tiangcheng.

“How about this. When he turns 18, I will bring him to my place and give him a grand adulthood ceremony. Then I’ll let him officially enter Soul Palace. Afterwards, I’ll help him become an official soul pet trainer.” Said the woman.

If it was before, when Chu Tiancheng heard these words, perhaps he would instantly crease his eyebrows and silently think for a while. However, currently, he was full of pain and a changed man; he numbly nodded his head.

The woman seemed to think that Chu Tiancheng’s answer was a bit overly straightforward. A faint trace of suspicion appeared in her eyes.

However, the woman didn’t ponder over this any longer. She noticed Chu Tiancheng’s slightly decrepit manner and, although she was a bit unreconciled, she didn’t know what to say. After a while, she opened her mouth and said:

“I can make the Soul Alliance remove the ban on you. Come to Soul Palace. If you stay here…”

“Removing or not removing it has no significance to me. Leave.” Chu Tiancheng interrupted her, turned around and left.