175-190

Chapter 176: Monument Tears[1. TL: Sobbing Monument has been changed to Monument Tears]

Monument Tears!

Chu Mu didn’t feel any sense of Monument Tears in this Heaven Boundary Monument or the strange scenes before, but when these two words echoed through his soul, Chu Mu suddenly felt a sadness pour in that caused his entire body to turn cold and shiver!

Though he didn’t see anything sad or grievous, this strange feeling grew stronger and stronger, causing Chu Mu’s eye corner to slowly moisten…...

“This shouldn’t be caused by sand, right?” Ye Qingzi extended a finger and wiped it down Chu Mu’s face, wiping the strange tear off of Chu Mu and carefully placing it into a glass container the size of a pinky…...

Chu Mu blanked, completely unable to understand why he suddenly felt sad, or why his eyes suddenly let out a single tear. These were completely not under his control.

“What is happening?” Chu Mu was even more confused, as he turned around to look at the Heaven Boundary Monument standing in the darkness.

The Heaven Boundary Monument had strange characters and ancient symbols written on it that Chu Mu couldn’t understand. Looking up, Chu Mu suddenly saw a totem that he seemed to know.

This totem was about ten meters up on the Heaven Boundary Monument. It was deeply engraved in the totem, with a shape very much like the soul pet Chu Mu saw before.

“There are many tales about the Heaven Boundary Monument. I only know of the Monument Tear. The meaning of the Monument Tear is that when some ancient soul pets die, their powerful willpower will still stay and, at some point, like that previous scene, its willpower will be magnified and imposed onto people with sensitive mental worlds in a dream-like fashion, allowing one to see fragments of memories of the soul pet.”

As Ye Qingzi said, she handed the finger sized little bottle to Chu Mu and continued to say, “Legend says that the Heaven Boundary Monument suppressed countless soul pets’ willpowers. These ancient soul pets will choose those with the most similar willpower and pass on their memories. To say it is an inheritance is stretching it, since it only lets you know of its existence. After all, anyone who sees it will slowly forget……”

Chu Mu felt he saw more than just the soul pet casting its glamorous moving battle technique, much much more, but now he could only remember its running scene, and even that was getting fuzzier and fuzzier. It was indeed like a dream. When he just wakes, the memories are strong, but slowly, they dim and finally disappear.

“Then why did I shed a tear?” Chu Mu asked.

“It wasn’t your tear, it was “its” tear. It just did it through your body, or used some sort of emotion to affect you to cry for it.” Ye Qingzi said.

Chu Mu didn’t understand and retracted his gaze. “It seems like I still can’t understand that level.”

“You don’t need to think too much. In reality, no one knows the true secret of the Heaven Boundary Monument. Even scholars who’ve researched for over a hundred years have only scratched the surface. Oh, and keep this Monument Tear well.” Ye Qingzi said.

“This Monument Tear? Isn’t this my tear?” Chu Mu looked at the little bottle Ye Qingzi gave him and asked questioningly.