Chapter 14

Picture of Semilore above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

I'm almost done dressing up when Semilore enters my room.

"No knocking?."

"Sorry sis, but we have visitors and mum  wants you downstairs now."

"Visitors?, I thought mum said it's a family dinner."

"That should be the least of your worries right now, you'll be shocked at who the visitors are."

"Who are they?."

"Just come see for yourself." She leaves my room shutting the door behind her.

I put on my palm slippers, it's not like I'm going anywhere and smoothen my weavon. I take a last look in the mirror, the black singlet, black leggings and Ankara kimono looks casual but nice, I had used minimal make up. Satisfied with my look, I leave the room

I make my way downstairs slowly. My knees almost give way when I see the people at the table.

He's sitting there laughing with my parents, his sister is beside him typing away on her phone, his elder brother is not here, just him, his sister and his parents, Semilore has a look of disgust on her face like she'll rather be anywhere but here.

"Ah, Tunmise, o ti wan bi, a ti n duro de e (You're here, we've been waiting for you)." My mum says making my presence known.

I force a smile making my way towards Tunji's parents, I greet them with the same forced smile on my face, it'll be rude not to.

"Ahan, you're just getting more beautiful by the day." Mrs Akinjobi says when I greet her. I thank her before taking a seat in between my sister and my dad.

We say the grace then we begin to eat. Mum makes me dish out the food for everyone, as I give Tunji his food, he purposely lets his fingers brush mine making me look up at him, he gives me a smile, one that would make any other woman fall at his knees but not me, I give him a hostile glare in return.

When I'm done, I sit on my seat and begin eating although I can feel Tunji's eyes on me.

"So, Tunmise, what have you been up to in this past few months?, We haven't spoken in a while." He asks.

I don't want to answer but I know I have to because all eyes are on me right now, especially my mother eagerly waiting for my reply.

"Nothing much, just work and other stuff."

"I saw your latest Instagram post, that man you were with, who's he?."

I freeze on my seat.

He knows exactly what he's doing, my latest Instagram post is a slideshow of pictures I took with Lota on one of our numerous dates. In one, his hand was around my waist and we were facing the camera. In another one, we were facing each other and my forehead was touching his, our eyes were closed. In another, he was kissing my forehead softly, and In the last one, my head was thrown back in laughter and my eyes were closed but his were opened, his hands were around my waist and he was staring at me with a look I couldn't decipher when I later looked at the pictures. I remember smiling on seeing the pictures, my smile and laughter in those pictures were genuine ones, not forced like the ones I've been giving during this dinner, just real happiness.

My caption was: Two heads, one heart❤️.

He had posted the same pictures on his page too but with a different caption: What I have with you, I don't want with anyone else✨❤️.

And then he tagged me.

Any sensible person would have known we were dating, including Tunji, and he had chosen to bring it up here, during dinner, in front of my mum, in front of everybody, and I had no choice but to answer.