Chapter 2

Picture of Mrs Adepero above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

"Sis, mummy is looking for you o." My younger sister, Semilore, sits beside me.

"For what abeg?." I pop a puff-puff into my mouth. Omo, wedding puff-puffs are the sweetest and no, it's not my wedding.

You remember that my friend, Kamsi, that didn't have to kiss any frog?, Yeah, it's her traditional wedding today and she's one of my closest friends so I had to come. She's more like a family friend too, her parents are friends with my parents so they- my parents, also had to come too.

"Tunmise!." My mum yells appearing from nowhere, "So this is where you've been since, I've been looking for you."

I swear, this woman can disgrace someone in public.

"Mummy, what is it?." I ask her frustrated.

"Come here." She pulls me up from the white plastic chair I've been sitting on, "The Akinjobi's are here, and the best part, their second son came with them, that one that just got back from the states." She whispers to me smiling.

"Mummy, how is that my business?."

"E wo omo yi (See this child), it's your business o, it's completely your business, because right now, we are both going to meet them so that their son can see you."

"Who are the we?, You and who?."

"If I twist your mouth, see this girl o, I'm even helping your ministry, you think sitting here and eating puff-puff would help you find a husband?, Do men appear magically?, Don't you have to meet them before you can start dating them?."

"Mummy, I don't want to meet anyone."

"Niyi." She suddenly says. I blink twice, Niyi wasn't there before, he just appeared.

"Can you tell this best friend of yours that she's not getting any younger?."

He chuckles before talking. "Tunmise, they said you're not getting any younger."

I shoot him a glare.

"Both of you are the same thing, Niyi, she's infecting you with her stupidity, aren't you meant to be talking sense into her?."

Ahan, me your daughter?, Stupid?.

I hear a laugh behind me, I turn around swiftly to give Semilore a hot slap but her eyes are now on the plate of rice in front of her asif there's suddenly an interesting movie playing on the food.

"Ma, I talk sense into her everyday, you know Tunmise is very stubborn, she doesn't listen." A sweet smile appears on Niyi's face.

A gasp escapes my mouth, how dare he turn against me like that in front of my mum?.

"Thank you o jare. I know how she is, omo dada ni e (You are a good child)."

I groan. "Mummy, can I go back to what I was doing abeg?."

"You're not serious." She turns to Semilore, "You, stand up, let's go."

"Ahan, I'm not the one looking for a husband naw." She says.

"So ya werey sha? (Hope you are not mad?)." My mum asks her.

She stands up from the chair but not before grumbling and murmuring all sort of things about her being an adult and being able to say what she wants and what she does not. Tchew. She never jam, she's just twenty and she's complaining, me that I'm twenty-six nko, should I go and hang myself?.

We follow our mum closely with her turning back every now and then to make sure we haven't escaped. We finally arrive at the Akinjobi's table, let me give you a quick summary of them.

They are close friends of my family, and the man himself, Mr Akinjobi, and my father are business associates, they have three children, a son who got married like last year and now his wife is pregnant, then another son who is about my age, I think his name is Tunde or something, I haven't seen him in a while sha cause after he was done with University, he went abroad for his masters and that was like five years ago, I think he studied medicine or something in the University. Then their last child, a girl, that one is spoilt rotten, she's about seventeen and I completely loathe the girl, she behaves asif the world revolves around her and it doesn't help that her parents are rich aspa rich rich rich. It just inflates her ego the more.

Immediately Mr and Mrs Akinjobi sights us, they both stand up and hug my mother, they exchange greetings in their Yoruba way and then Mr Akinjobi leaves to find my dad before my mum finally turns to us.

"Ah, your daughters have grown o, see how beautiful they are now." Mrs Akinjobi exclaims

"Abi o, we thank God." My mum smiles.

"You remember Tunji, my second son." Mrs Akinjobi beams patting her son's shoulders. Oh, so that is his name.

"Good evening ma." Tunji bows to my mum as a sign of respect. Omo, his voice is so deep. I find men with extremely deep voices attractive.

"Ah, Omo dada (Good child), those years in the US really did you good, see how you are looking fresh."

Tunji smiles exposing a set of pearly white teeth. He's handsome, his muscles are even bulging through his shirt.

The gym must be his second home.

"You remember my daughters shey?, This is Semilore." My mum begins putting her hands on Semilore's shoulders. Tunji makes to shake her hand but my mum pulls her behind her.

"Noo, this one is still in University." She murmurs so that only Semilore and I can hear her.

"And my oldest daughter, Tunmise." She nudges me forward. I almost roll my eyes, which one is oldest daughter, is it not only two she has?.

"Hey, beautiful." He takes my hand in his and kisses the back of my palm.

'And he's charming too' My subconscious says.

"Oh, hi." I smile.

"Abeg, stop shining your teeth and start a conversation with the man." My mum whispers harshly into my ear.

"You've grown more gorgeous since the last time I saw you." He smiles.

Oh God, I'm already weak in the knees. His smile is just...

"Thanks." I grin.

You know what I said about Mr Right coming when he wants to?. Yeah, I think I just found my Mr Right.

Single, Handsome, Flirty and obviously rich.

Yeah, he's definitely the one.

•••••
Ummmm😂😂

Is Tunmise sure he's the one?😂😂

We'll find out soon enough.

Don't forget to vote and comment guys!!!

Till next time...byeeeee❤️❤️