Chapter 5

Picture of Tunmise above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

"Tunji" I manage to croak out making the woman's eyes flutter open.

Tunji rolls off her.

"Erm, baby, who is she?." The woman asks.

Tunji doesn't answer her. "Babe, I can explain, it's-" I cut him off.

"Save it." I hold out my hand. I turn around, the tears brimming my eyes and descend the stairs quickly.

To think I thought he was different, he seemed different, I've known him for two months and we've been dating for a month, so much for Mr Right.

I'm almost at the gate when he catches up with me. "Tunmise." He grips my arm making me stop in my tracks, I turn around to face him giving him a once over, he's sweating profusely from the rubbish he was just doing and he's wearing only a pair of boxers.

"What?." I ask harshly.

"I can explain, really."

I throw my head back laughing. But there's no humor in it. It's a bitter one. "Explain what Tunji?, what's there to explain in seeing you on another woman?."

"She's my secretary."

"Oh, your secretary in bed?."

"She came to give me some documents and she seduced me and I couldn't control..." He trails off.

I raise my hand and slap him. Hard.

"Oh, so when she seduced you, you couldn't push her off or tell her no?, or did she also carry you upstairs to your bedroom?, Tunji, I trusted you, I've never even for once thought of cheating on you, and then you do this." I gesture my hands towards his body, "You two weren't even just kissing, you guys were having sex, you were on top of her, she even called you baby."

"Tunmise, I love you, it was a mistake, we can talk this out."

"I'm done talking, I'm done with this." I say, I immediately turn around and leave the compound. I stop a cab and climb into it telling him the address of my parent's house, when he stops at the gate, I don't even wait any second, I just throw a bunch of naira notes at him which I'm sure exceed the normal price and step out. When I enter the house, my mum is still sitting on the sofa, the exact spot I left her.

"Omo mi (My child), what is it?, Ewo lo fe kun (Why are you crying?)." She stands up on seeing me.

"It's Tunji, he cheated on me."

"How?."

"Which one is how?, I said he cheated on me you're asking me how?, How else do they cheat on someone?."

"Is it because I'm answering you that you're talking to me like that?, Ki n se ejo e (It's not your fault)."

"I'm sorry for talking like that, I'm just so angry, mummy, I caught him red-handed on another woman, it was barely two months since we started dating and he already cheated on me." I sob.

"Is that why you want to die?, If you want to die don't die here o, better goan die outside."

"Mummy, I'm crying here and you're telling me another thing."

"I don't care what you're doing, my own is it's that Tunji boy you must marry, he's a very good boy and he comes from a good home."

"Ehn?, Mummy marry who?, I said he cheated on me you're saying marriage."

"Shebi you heard me, it's him you're going to marry Tunmise, Mo ti so fun e (I've told you)."

I look at her in disbelief, I hiss loudly before leaving the house, I should never have come to spend the weekend here, since I woke up today everything has just been horrible, worst day ever.

I stand on the pavement waiting for a cab but none seems to be coming, I don't even have my phone with me so I can order an Uber. Just at that moment, I feel a force pulling me into the side almost making me fall to the gutter, I steady myself just in time. I remove the broken heel and examine it.

Oh God. How can I walk with a broken heel?, these shoes cost 90k, what kind of bad luck is this?, Can this day get any worse?.

Asif on cue, the sky darkens and I feel a drop of water on my arm.

Yup, there's my answer, the rain starts falling rapidly and I'm left drenched, my fine skirt and top wet.

I can't help it, the tears start to fall wetting my already wet face, my makeup is ruined, I-

The horn of a car brings me back to reality but I'm too upset to even see who it is.

"Hey!, Why are you standing there in the rain?." The masculine voice yells so I can hear him over the rain. He sounds familiar.

I don't reply.

I hear a car door shut and I feel a pair of arms wrap around me. I look up, it's Mr Atuegbu.

He leads me to his car and opens the passenger door for me, he slams it after me and then rushes to the driver's sit and slips in.

"Are you okay?." He asks.

I don't reply instead I rest my head on the headrest drifting off to the inner world of sleep.

•••••
🙄All these useless men, cheating on your woman, see the fine woman sef, why is he cheating on her?.

Don't sha forget to vote guys...blow up my comments ❤️❤️

Till next time guys!!!!

Byeeeeeee ❤️❤️