Chapter 9

Picture of Tunmise above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

"Babe." Lota calls making me look up from the work I've been typing, when did he get here?, Oh shit, he's definitely going to ask for the work he told me to proof read and give back to him.

"I'm sorry, I've actually been at it all day, I understand if you're mad but please don't fire me."

He lets out a deep chuckle. "What the hell are you talking about?."

"The agreement with the Secure smarter company."

"Oh, I don't need that until tomorrow, no need to stress."

"Oh okay, Thank God." I sigh.

"I didn't see your car this morning when I drove in."

"Aahn." I laugh, "So you're now stalking me?."

"I'm not stalking you, I just happened to notice your car wasn't in the parking lot."

"There are over a hundred cars in that parking lot, why did you just choose to notice my own?." I press on.

"Just tell me why your car isn't there." He sighs.

"Wow, I didn't know you cared this much."

He holds my chin keeping my head in place, I'm directly looking in his eyes, he leans down so our faces are almost touching.

"Of course I care about you, I want to know everything about you, every single thing going on in your life, you're my girlfriend and I want to be a part of your world, Tunmise." He whispers.

A small smile appears on my face. "You already are."

"So tell me, where's your car?."

"At home, I came to work with a friend."

"Who?."

"Niyi."

"Oh, so do you need to me drop you off at home then after work?."

"You have that meeting with that Agency stack company." I point out.

"I can postpone that."

I laugh. "Don't worry babe, I can find my way home, Niyi would just drive me again or something."

"Speaking of Niyi, where is he?, I'm pretty sure lunch break is over." He looks around the office, Incase you haven't noticed, Niyi and I share an office, it's a pretty big office and our posts at work are quite close, he's the project manager and I'm the assistant project manager, so it's only normal that we share an office.

And right now, Niyi had to go pick up one of his sisters, she just arrived in town and she was going to be staying with Niyi for a while, but even though Lota and I are dating, I know I can't say that because he's still Niyi's boss and he can fire Niyi, I warned him, I told him to tell his sister to take a cab but he refused.

"Restroom." I quickly say, "He's not feeling too well."

"Oh okay then, I'll call you." He places a kiss on my lips.

"Okay." I smile.

___________

"You like the food?." I ask Lota, a smile on my face.

"I love it, it's so good." He says in-between chewing.

"I'm glad you do." I drop my fork and stand up, "I have to get going babe, I'll call you when I get home." I grab my bag.

"Hey, you haven't even finished your food." He points at my plate of almost untouched rice.

"I can't wait to finish it, it's late already."

He groans. "Just spend the night here, Tunmise."

"You know I can't."

"Why can't you?, Come on babe, We've been dating for almost three months, just one night won't hurt."

"I'm not ready Lota, and you know it."

I'm really not ready to lose my virginity almost three months into a relationship, I don't even know if it will even last.

Okay, don't get me wrong, I really like Lota and I have no intentions of ending our relationship but you can never be too careful.

"Who said anything about sex?, I just want you to spend the night with me, please?."

I sigh looking at the time. It's already 9pm.

"But what am I going to wear if I stay over?."

"My sisters clothes, they have a lot of new clothes here with me, and you guys are the same size."

"Okay, fine, you win this time." I sit back down on the table.

A smile appears on his face.