Chapter 15

Picture of Tunmise above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

I get back to my room to see three missed calls from Lota, the time reads 10:30pm, I can't believe I spent over two hours downstairs.

I diall Lota's number. He picks up on the second ring.

"I've been trying to reach you, everything okay?."

"Yeah, I'm sorry, I've been downstairs, I left my phone upstairs."

"It's fine, just wanted to check on you. Is the dinner over?."

"Thankfully, yes."

"How was it?."

"Can you believe my mum invited The Akinjobis without even telling me?, I spent all night having to look at Tunji's annoying face." I say in frustration.

"Did he try anything?."

"He didn't, he just said he wanted to talk and make things right."

"And?."

"I gave him a piece of my mind, I don't think he's going to disturb me anymore, I've made it clear I've moved on with my life."

"Good, I'm glad to hear that."

"I wish you were here with me." I sigh, "I'm so tired and frustrated and angry and-"

"Babe." He chuckles, "You just need to get some sleep, you'll be better tomorrow."

"I hope so."

"Are you coming back home tomorrow?."

I love the way he says 'home', not 'my house'.

"Yes, tomorrow evening cause we're having lunch with Niyi's family."

"Okay, can't wait to see you."

"What are you doing?."

"Trying to watch a movie. The house is so quiet without you."

"Stop behaving like I've been gone for a month." I laugh, "It's just two nights."

"Yeah, two long nights."

He then goes on to tell me about how obssessed his sisters are over me and they can't stop asking of me. He asks me what I did to them to make them like me so much.

"Nothing, it's just my natural charm. I have the ability to make anyone like me." I say proudly.

"Yeah, the same charm you used on me." I burst out laughing.

God, I love this man.

Wait.

Wait.

Did I just...?

No, I didn't.

"Lota, my mum is calling me." I lie, "l'll text you."

"Okay, bye, see you tomorrow."

"Yeah, see you tomorrow."

I press the red button.

I rest my head on my pillow thinking about my new found feeling.

__________

"Tell me." Niyi begins, "How have you been?."

"Very good, life has been treating me well. What about you?."

We're done with lunch which was very nice, way better than dinner yesterday and now Niyi and I are walking across the garden behind my house talking. I haven't really spoken to him in a few days so it's nice to finally have some time alone with him.

"I've been okay. How long have you been home?."

"Just got here on Friday night."

"Why?, I thought you were avoiding your mum."

"I was, but she ordered Semilore and I to come home, we had no choice."

"So you spent yesterday doing what?."

"We had a family dinner."

"Just you guys?."

"Mum invited Tunji and his family. Worst idea ever, he was all up in my business."

"What did he say?."

"At first during the dinner, he was trying to make conversations with me. Remember my latest Instagram post?, The one with Lota and I."

"How can I forget it?, Anytime I see those pictures, I'm reminded of the fact that I'm still single."

I giggle. "He sha asked me who Lota was, like he didn't already know he's my boyfriend. He asked me in front of everyone, if you saw how my mum was looking at me ehn, if not for Semilore that distracted them."

"And after that?."

I go ahead to fill him in on what happened after dinner. "I don't think he's going to disturb me again sha. I really hope not."

"I'm just happy you're okay now." He places his hand on mine. I intertwine our fingers placing it on my lap.

"I found out something yesterday night."

"What?." He asks.

"I've fallen in love with Lota, I love him."

"About time." Niyi laughs, "It's been five months since you guys started dating, if you didn't love each other by now, I'd say there was a problem."

"But there is. I don't think he loves me back."

He raises one eyebrow. "And you know that how?."

"He hasn't said anything yet and he's not even showing signs."

"For someone who has had no love experience, you're really talented in observing." He says sarcasm clearly written on his face.

"Point of correction. I've had a lot of experiences."

"Yeah, right." He scoffs.

"But seriously. What if he doesn't love me back?."

"I'm sure Lota loves you, Tunmise, you're just worrying over nothing."

"I'm not worried."

"You are." He reaches out to touch my forehead, "Your forehead is creased in the way it always is when you're thinking about something."

"I'm just keeping my fingers crossed."

"You're not going to ask him, are you?."

"Ask him what?."

"If he's in love with you."

"No, of course not."

"Good, cause he's only meant to tell you when he's ready to."

A comfortable silence falls between us before he speaks up again.

"I want to find that special someone. The woman I'm going to treat like a queen. My queen."

He says it so seriously and when I look up at him, it's like his mind is somewhere else, like this is not the first time that he's thinking about this.

"You're a great guy, any woman would be lucky to have you." I say cause it's true. I'm not just saying this because he's my best friend, any woman that is going to be with Niyi is going to be so lucky.

"I love you so much, Tunmise, I'm so glad you're my best friend." He says making my heart melt.

"Me too." I rest my head on his shoulder.

•••••
I'm in love with Niyi...can't wait for him to meet his special someone.

Don't forget to vote and comment guys ❤️

Till next time!