Chapter 11

Picture of Kamsi above ☝️☝️

Tunmise

"Abeg, switch off that your phone, I thought we came to have fun." I tell Kamsi.

"Sorry jare, it's Obinna that has refused to leave me."

"Umm, you just want to tell me that I don't have my own husband abi?."

"No naw." She laughs, "Don't talk like that."

It's Saturday and we are currently in a Jewelry shop, Kamsi and I came to buy some bangles, earrings and necklaces. Niyi drove me here so he's waiting for me in the car, he refused to come in.

Kamsi sha brought her own car. Her husband just bought her a new car recently.

"Ever since you got married, you don't even have time for us. You, Niyi and I were best friends before you met Obinna, don't forget that o."

"You're making me feel bad." She pouts.

"You should feel bad."

She looks at her wristwatch. "I need to leave soon."

"Why?."

"I need to buy a pregnancy strip from the nearby pharmacy and get home early to cook for Obinna."

"Pregnancy strip?." My eyes widen a smile appearing on my face, "Are you pregnant?."

"I'm not sure yet, but I've been having some symptoms, like I feel so weak in the morning and I'm always throwing up, I get irritated easily nowadays, I'm adding weight and I even missed my period last month and the month before that. Then, just last week, we had dinner with Obinna's family, and his elder sister naw asked me if I was pregnant, I was like noo, but it got me thinking, you know all these old people see things we cannot see." She explains.

"Wow, I can't wait to be a godmother."

"Calm down, we're not sure yet." She laughs.

"The symptoms are glaring, you said it yourself."

She's about to say something when Niyi interrupts our discussion.

"Aren't both of you done?, It's been over two hours."

"Really?." I ask, "I thought it was just thirty minutes."

Niyi rolls his eyes.

"We're almost done." Kamsi assures him.

My eyes sight a row of dangle earrings, okay, I definitely need to get one of those, I rush over to the rack running my eyes over each and every one of them, my phone vibrates in my bag, I bring it out and swipe the recieve button.

"Hey, babe." He says.

"Hey, Is everything okay?."

"Yeah, I just called to check on you, you okay?."

A smile makes it way to my face, he's so sweet.

"I'm fine, Lota."

"Okay, you coming over today right?, I really need to have some of your Spaghetti."

"I'm not coming over today, Lota."

"Why?."

"I'm busy, Look, you can always cook the Spaghetti yourself or better still, order from a fast food restaurant."

"But it's not going to be the same as when you cook it." His voice sounds so needy and whiny. I almost burst out laughing.

"As flattering as that is, I'm still not coming."

"Where are you?."

"Jewelry shop."

"Alone?."

"No, with friends."

"Do I know them?."

"Niyi and Kamsi, but I don't think you know Kamsi, you've never met her before."

"Oh, so why is Niyi there with you guys?."

"He drove me here naw."

"Your car is working perfectly fine."

"Yes, but it's because, from here, I'm going to his house."

"You're going to his house?." His voice is slightly raised.

"Erm, yes, anything wrong with that?."

"Oh yes, there are a lot of things wrong with that."

"Like?."

"Why are you going to his house?, What for?."

"Calm down Lota, we are just going to watch a movie, we do it once in a while, just to spend sometime together as friends."

"You can watch a movie in my house."

"Don't be jealous." I laugh, "Why are you so worked up?, Niyi is just like my brother."

"Promise?."

There's this thing that Niyi and I do. Once one of us tells the other person 'Promise', the person has to say the truth and nothing but the truth, I know it may sound childish and all but it's our thing, and believe it or not, None of us have ever lied when the other person says 'Promise', we always say the truth. Always.

I sigh. "Yes, I'll call you back later, okay?."

"Fine, but I still miss your Spaghetti."

I let out a small laugh shaking my head as I press the red button.

"Please tell me you're done." Niyi appears behind me.

I roll my eyes turning around. "I'm done, before you shed tears."

He chuckles. "Talking about shedding tears, mum has been calling me, like severally."

My eyebrows furrow. "Your mum or my mum?." I ask to be sure cause he calls my parents his parents too and I do the same for his parents.

"Your mum, it's asif she wants to spoil my phone, abeg call her once you're free."

I hiss. "Shebi you're the one picking up the phone, why are you picking it abeg?, She's disturbing me, she wants me to keep dating Tunji."

"Seriously?."

"Why would I joke about something like that?, Abeg just leave her, I'll call her when I'm ready."

"I need to go guys." Kamsi appears her eyes on her phone, "Obinna is almost home."

"Bye babe." I hug her with a knowing smile.

"Bye." She gives me a warning look to keep my mouth shut.

"Abeg be going, before Obinna will start calling." Niyi jokes, "Make sure you drive safely."

"Yes dad." She rolls her eyes before leaving the jewelry shop.

•••••
Don't forget to vote and comment guys❤️

Till next time...Byeeee❤️