Chapter 24

Semilore

"Do you think this is going to work ?." I ask Lota for the umpteenth time since we started this discussion.

"I'm positive, Semilore, I'll do anything to win your sister back."

I finally got a chance to reply to Lota's message after a week. He needed my help to get a chance to talk to Tunmise.

We decided to meet up at his house. I didn't want to go to a restaurant, I won't have the time to listen to him properly.

Too many fans...

But I love them all though...

He sent me his address and here I am, sitting in front of him, a cup of orange juice in front of him. I have to admit, Tunmise really did well this time around, he's HOT, and I know I'm totally not meant to say that, but I can't help myself. If not that I know he's taken ehn, I would have even tried shooting my own shot, I don't care about the age difference.

"Okay, I'll help you, I'll do anything for my sister's happiness." I say and I mean it. Tunmise hasn't been happy at all this last few weeks.

"Thank you." He gives me a small smile.

My eyes have been blessed...

"Anytime." I reply.

_____________

"I don't understand why you insisted on coming to this restaurant." Tunmise sits down opposite me.

"I was hungry."

"There's a restaurant just right next to your house. This one was like an hour drive."

"The food here is the best."

"That is not a valid reason but I'm just going to let it slide."

"I need to use the restroom. One minute." I excuse myself taking the turn down to the toilet.

I smile silently to myself.

The plan is finally in motion.

Tunmise

I hear footsteps behind me, I turn around ready to give Semi a handful, she was the one who said she was hungry and yet she spent so much time in the restroom but I stop when the person in front of me looks nothing like Semilore.

My mouth drops open.

"H-ho I-i-i Yo-you." I'm unable to form coherent sentences.

"I'm sorry." Are the first words he say.

I shake my head vigorously. "What are you doing here?. How did you know I was here?." I finally find my tongue.

"How I found you doesn't matter. Look, I'm sorry, I overreacted."

"You think?."

I look at my wristwatch. Semilore was still taking so much time, I needed to get out of here.

"Tunmise-" He begins again but I cut him off.

"Please, I just want to be left alone."

"You've been alone for weeks."

"I need more time to think."

"About?."

"I don't know, okay?." I almost yell and I'm grateful for the table Semilore got us, shielded from everyone else, "I need to think about us, if it's still worth it."

"Are you-Are you breaking up with me?." He asks and at the end of the sentence, his voice breaks just a little like he's in pain.

"There you go again, putting words in my mouth. Look, I have to-"

He grabs my hand softly stopping me. "Tunmise, I'm sorry for everything I did, everything I said, I'm so sorry for everything, I was just being an insensitive bastard." He starts to say.

I look anywhere but him. If I did, there was no doubt I was going to forgive him.

"Look at me please." He pleads, "Tunmise."

I stare at him for a while, his eyes hold a lot of emotions. This is the man I fell in love with, not the man at the restaurant that night.

He cups my face so that all I can do is stare at him. "Please forgive me, I promise to make things right."

"I can't do this Lota." I sob, "I can't be with a man who doesn't trust me."

"I do." He says, "I trust you, I just let my jealousy get the best of me, seeing you with Niyi everytime made me feel like you were always choosing him over me."

"But you never spoke to me about it. You just flared up at the restaurant that night."

"I did, Tunmise."

"You didn't, I could have made things right then."

"I did, you just can't remember."

My mind wanders around until I finally find it.

That night.

Flashback
"Hey, I want to talk to you about something." Lota said as I climbed into the bed.

"Yeah?."

"It's about...Niyi."

"Okay, what about him?."

"I don't want you to take this the wrong way at all." He said cautiously.

"Okay..." I trailed off.

"Don't you think you're being too close to Niyi?."

"I don't understand." I said honestly, "I'm being to close to my best friend?."

He ran his hand down his face sighing loudly. "I knew you wouldn't understand."

"Okay." I said, "Explain, make me understand."

"You're always with Niyi, you don't have time for me anymore."

"I always have time for you, babe." I laughed.

"That's how you see it, but it's not so true."

"Come on, don't tell me you're jealous, Niyi and I are just friends o."

"I know, I understand but don't you think-"

My phone's ringtone echoed round the room cutting him off. I look at the caller ID.

Best friend❤️

Niyi went on a date today with one girl like this he met at a restaurant, he promised to call me after the date to tell me how it went.

"I have to take this." I flashed him an apologetic smile as I left the room swiping the receive button pressing the phone to my ear.
End of flashback.

"I'm sorry." I finally say too, "I promise to make things right."

"Does that mean there's still an 'us'?."

"There was always still an 'us', Lota." I giggle.

His thumb runs down my face wiping off the tears that had fallen.

"I love you. I promise I'll never make you cry ever again." He whispers, his lips hovering over mine.

I don't say anything in return instead I close the small gap between us, pressing my lips to his. 

We're back.

••••••
Don't forget to vote and comment ❤️

Till next time!.